Too much excercise?

Options
God I'm frustrated.

Been doing really well on my diet for the last two weeks and have excercised every day since last saturday, to the point of pain. My friend told me that I havent lost any weight for the simple fact that I havent taken a rest day to let my body recover and burn fat to repair muscle, could this be my problem? Stalled at 147lbs for 4 weeks now.... Taking a rest day today.

Any tips/advice?

Lyn x

Replies

• brandyj89
    brandyj89 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I'm having that same problem but I've been doing the 30 day shred and i thought your suppose to do it everyday! plus i'm doing other workouts as well
  • Sl1ghtly
    Sl1ghtly Posts: 855 Member
    Options
    Thats one reason why body weight isnt the best measure of success.
  • BrianSharpe
    BrianSharpe Posts: 9,248 Member
    Options
    Rest days are important for recovery, but no you don't burn fat to repair muscle but depending on the intensity of the exercise you are likely to show a water weight gain. Exercise depletes glycogen stored in your liver and muscles and, as your body adapts to higher levels of activity you are able to store more glycogen. For ever gram of glycogen stored your body also retains 3g of water.
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    Pretty well doesn't mean much. I can't see your diary, but i'm sure you're undereating especially since you say you worked out everyday of the week.
  • saragato
    saragato Posts: 1,154
    Options
    Rest days are important especially if your body isn't used to that high activity. You end up with a lot of water retention which can add on the pounds or just make it look like the scale isn't moving. It's great when you work hard, but try to take one or two days to let your body rest especially before you try and weigh. I've gone without rest days on more than one occasion and either saw no loss or even a couple pounds gained simply from the water weight.
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    Are you varying your excerise routine? When I stall I usually need to change up how I excercise.I either go faster,change the order of what I do,or just do something completly different.Good Luck!
  • vaninay
    vaninay Posts: 47
    Options
    I can relate!!!
  • Lynvincible2012
    Lynvincible2012 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yeah I change up the excercise, I am doing bits and pieces of the P90X series, along with jogging, walking and my own floor excercies, so it's not that I'm doing the same thing everyday!