I gained!!

Options
2»

Replies

• LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That's great Daniel! Keep up the good work and the positive changes. :drinker:
  • twilight1542
    Options
    dont worry
    There's also other factors, even your scale may be off due to a small calibration problem for instance!
    dont worry about that and you'll see you will loose the rest of the weight soon
    cheers

That'a an excellent point. I was using the scale at my gym & an old non-digital scale. I used to get soo frustrated with the #'s on my home scale! So one night I stepped on the scale a few times in a row & got different #'s every time :( Bought a new scale & have been MUCH HAPPIER!
  • missteri2008
    Options
    You guys are all so AWESOME!!! All the suggestions are great. I see my nutritionist once a week and thats the only place I weigh in at. I don't own scales. My nutritionist is the one who recommended MFP to me and I do print out my reports weekly and take them to him. I think I gained partly because I wasn't feelling well and miss my nutritionist appointments three weeks in a row. I'll do what they suggested and hopefully get back on track. Thank you all so much.
  • LisaC1026
    LisaC1026 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome outlook. Don't even look back at what has or hasn't happened. Today's a new day and you can choose to start fresh!

Best of wishes to you! :flowerforyou:
  • hasiangirl
    hasiangirl Posts: 1,613
    Options
    its prob just water retainment....are u eating about 5-6 times a day?...i am on a 1000 calorie intake as well...i eat a fruit for breakfast than 2 hours later another fruit and then 2-3hours later i have either a salad with low cal dressing and a handful of nuts or 3oz of chicken breast......then 2 hours later i have either a half a cucumber or another fruit and 3-4oz of chicken breast with a green veggie for dinner....... its hard to eat only 1000 cals a day and u have to watch every detail, but u have to make sure u're eating 5-6 times a day too it keeps ur metabolism going
  • missteri2008
    Options
    Thanks for the tips.You guys are all just so AWESOME!!!
  • missteri2008
    Options
    I went back to my nutritionist again yesterday and I gained another 2 pounds. I am totally floored! I weigh 3 pounds more now than I did when I started seeing the nutritionist. I just don't get it. This is so frustrating. I do everything he asks me too. And I am brutally honest in journaling my food intake. I have health issues so I don't get as much exercise as I would like to, but still, I can't figure out what the problem is.
  • kankan213
    Options
    don't be discouraged. The body goes through many processes, some of which include recalibrating your metabolism. The gains now could be in response to how you were eating before. You mention that you were anorexic before- if you just began eating 1000 calories (and by that I mean you were eating less before) it will take a little bit of time for your metabolism to recalibrate and get used to burning a larger amount of calories. However, once your body has adjusted to the calorie intake you will lose weight, and you will feel SO much better because ultimately calories=energy.

Everyone keeps insisting that you eat 1,200. While it has been averaged that it takes around 1,200 calories to function your major organs- I would follow the nutritionists advice. They know more about your background and medical issues than we do from the information you've provided.

If I were you I would ask my nutritionist to sketch a meal-plan for you for 7 days to kind of show you how you should be eating. I think 1,000 calories is too little and an unhealthy amount, but then again I do not know the aspects of your medical history and daily lifestyle. BUT since you are eating around 1000 calories a day I recommend getting the most out of them. Eat wholesome nutritious food so that your body is taken care of.

Good luck and hang in there, results will not be immediate, but they will be there. Live and eat the way that you want to live and eat for the rest of your life- not just until you lose weight.
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so AWESOME!!! All the suggestions are great. I see my nutritionist once a week and thats the only place I weigh in at. I don't own scales. My nutritionist is the one who recommended MFP to me and I do print out my reports weekly and take them to him. I think I gained partly because I wasn't feelling well and miss my nutritionist appointments three weeks in a row. I'll do what they suggested and hopefully get back on track. Thank you all so much.

He was the one who recommended you to MFP, but he's the one that says you should have 1,000 calories?

Something doesn't make sense. Like others said, bump up the calorie intake.