dare not weigh myself

Options
Hi, I'm back after a month off - birthday, Easter eggs - know I've put it on as jeans are tighter but can't face the weigh in. What do you think - should I just get it over with or give it a week of careful eating before I weigh in again. If I have re-gained a lot of weight I'll just be down about it and that won't help at all. Whats your experinece of this?

Replies

• ngarrett75
    ngarrett75 Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    You'll need the shell-shock to get motivated again. Step on the scale and face it; then set your goals and get to it! You can do it! Good luck!
  • toutepechtite
    Options
    I know the feeling, but I find I just have to bite the bullet and do it. If I don't, I won't know where I am to continue along and sometimes, I'm pleasantly surprised as it's not as bad as I suspected it would be.
  • redsteve65
    redsteve65 Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    I have just come back from 2 weeks holiday in Florida and knew that I had put on weight. I immediately weighed myself for 2 reasons:

1. i wanted to know the "damage" so to speak
    2. I wanted to know for the future how careful I still need to be when on holiday.

I turned out that I had put on 4lbs which I felt was okay but it did give me the motivation to immediately start watching what I ate and lost 3lbs in the first week back.

Hope this helps.

steve
  • Bree1294
    Bree1294 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    If it were me, I would definitely hit the scale my friend! I would want to know what happened during my break to help motivate me again. I was off from exercising for two weeks due to back issues and I could immediately tell the difference. I think a good portion was water weight, once I started exercising again, it came back off and then some.

Believe it or not, sometimes your body needs that break from the every day. Once it learns your "schedule" it will slow down the weight loss as it is KNOWS when it will be fed, when you'll exercise etc. You may be pleasantly surprised either with how little you did put on, or how fast it comes off. DO NOT lose faith - chalk it up as a nice holiday and hit the bricks again! Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • Helen6663
    Helen6663 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Personally, I don't like the scales!
    I hate weighing myself as it tends to cause me problems whatever the results - if I do well, I think I'll have a day off the diet as a treat & if I do badly, I think 'all that hard work for nothing, stuff the diet!'

I'm only weighing myself every 3 or 4 weeks, so that I can mark my loss on here - I do want to record my loss & see my ticker move!
    For some reason, I'm happier seeing a 6lbs loss in 3 weeks, than 2lbs every week! I know it's all in my mind, but that's what works for me.

I know, without weighing myself, that if I've been good, then I will have lost weight!

If I were you, I'd definitely get a good week under my belt before jumping on the scales. You don't want to risk getting demoralized.
    But, at the end of the day, it's each to their own, so whatever works best for you!
    Good Luck!