I want some friends

Options
Hi. I've been here a month now, and I feel like I want to have more social things here. I am a 24-year-old woman (well, girl is what I'd prefer, but that doesn't go with the 24 years).
There are a few things of me you should know. I have mental issues, and support is one thing I am looking for. My diagnosis now is anxiety disorder, but I've also had depression and borderline personality disorder. I still have traits of those other two, especially the BPD, as having a personality disorder is not an on/off thing, it's more of a spectrum. I have some eating issues as well, yet never had an ED diagnosis. I have self destructive behavior from time to time (I'm not suicidal).
I have not yet used the option to make statuses here, but if I get some friend (people to actually read my statuses), I might. So a warning: the statuses will most likely be about anxiety or (bad) ways to control it. I might tell if I've self injured or some other not-so-nice things. They may be triggering for others with SI tendencies. I don't need judgment. My statuses will not be embellished.
My food diary may not be perfect. There are days when I don't eat enough, so if you don't want friends like that here, don't add me. Mostly I eat at least 1200 kcal a day, so I'm not a bad case. But: I'm not a healthy dieter, I don't even need to lose weight. I do this to control my anxiety.
I really wish to have some friends. To support, to tell me it's okay to have bad day.

TL;DR: I'm a freak, add me.

Replies

• darlenewanamaker
    darlenewanamaker Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Hi welcome and enjoy
  • Lasityttö
    Lasityttö Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I'd still like a few more friends.
  • fluffy1980
    fluffy1980 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi Lasitytto

I'd love to be friends on here :)

Aoife
  • Catplumb
    Catplumb Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there, I'm not going to pretend to understand mental health issues or eating disorders, but i'm a very good listener and can tell it straight where its needed!!! so please feel free to add me as a friend,

Cat x
    :bigsmile:
  • CanadianScot
    CanadianScot Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Hiya, Lasitytto! Feel free to add me as a friend. Although I do not experience any mental health problems myself, I will qualify as an Occupational Therapist in June and as such have worked in Mental Health settings within the health care sector. I like to think of myself as open minded, non-judgemental, supportive and a good listener and will do my best to be supportive to you.
  • Peta22
    Peta22 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Hi-ya!

I've dealt with my fair share of depression and anxiety as well. Not to say that I could necessarily advise you in anyway but I do understand. I guess my main defense mechanism these days is being a loner which is relatively easy when my husband works away for weeks on end and I work from home! I can go days without talking to anyone! However, my lonesome lifestyle - and the fact that I'm a bit of a control freak - means calorie counting can become an obsession! The downside ofcourse is that if my mental health deteriorates I can binge or starve myself to epic preparations too...

So, now that I've finished babbling for the moment, I'd like to be a bit more interactive on this site... Let's do it! :D
  • Lasityttö
    Options
    I'm happy of all my friends here, but wouldn't mind a few more. So add me!
  • Lasityttö
    Options
    If there are any more people wanting to be friends, I'll accept. .)
  • traceyjayne64
    Options
    Hi

feel free to add me, we all need support in one way or another..you can never have too many friends :smile:
  • Lasityttö
    Options
    Yay, thanks. :)
  • Lasityttö
    Options
    I wouldn't mind some more like-minded lunatics on my friend list, so go ahead, add me. :) Oh, an update: I'm now eating more than I say in the original post, my goal is around 1800 calories.