Weight loss buddies

Options
archadtz
archadtz Posts: 33 Member
Hi, I am a mom of 2 and would love some friends to help me on my weight loss goal...

I have had a very rough last 8 months with my mom being diagnosed with terminal cancer, my grandma passing away, a close friend passing away, and various other odds and ends that have railed me. I didn't think I was an emotional eater, but evidently, my weight gain in the last year says otherwise... :(

I am up to 225 (my heaviest ever) and I feel it! I'd like to get down to 200 as my first mini goal before trying for another baby. All in all, I'd like to lose 60 lbs.

I would love to buddy up with some folks so we can encourage and support each other...

TIA

Replies

• teekee2
    teekee2 Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Hi Tia!

I'm Tiana, also a mother of 2 (both girls 10 & 4). I have let my weight get the best of me and am ready for this journey to a healthier lifestyle. Feel free to add me so we can support each other in meeting out goals!

Best of luck in your journey!!
  • kathyc609
    kathyc609 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    i will send u a friend request : )
    i started at 223 six months ago -- 150 today
  • kriskayleo
    Options
    I added you as a friend. :)
  • twest78
    twest78 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I am a mom of 2 as well and have the same "mini goal" as well. Today is the day I was going to get more serious about this, since we would like to have more kids as well and that just isn't going to happen until I take some of this weight off! Feel free to add me as a friend. I could use some extra buddies on here to help me stay motivated and stick with it. :)
  • archadtz
    archadtz Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone! Looking forward to getting a new wardrobe soon! Let's do this!
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    Hi! I will be your friend! :)
  • Por2gueseMama
    Por2gueseMama Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Hello I am Angela and I am also a mother. I am here on MFP a lot so please add me so we can keep eachother on the right track :D
  • DeepBreaths
    Options
    Rebecca here, please feel free to add me if you like.

:)
  • Jen2Bfit
    Jen2Bfit Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I am a mother of two girls (7 and 10) and I have found a lot of great support here and I love new friends. Together we can do this! :happy:
  • toxicmikki
    toxicmikki Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Welcome!

First, I'm very sorry to hear about your mom, grandma, and best friend! It must be very difficult!

I'm also new here and a mother of three (15, 13, and 9) and have found amazing support here so far!

Friend request sent and good luck to you :)
  • MissGND
    MissGND Posts: 11
    Options
    I am going to be a mom again (have 4 grown children already and am adopting!) soon so I want to make certain I am healthy and fit so I can keep up with the wee one. Add me, I am happy to encourage and listen..
  • jcmjim22
    jcmjim22 Posts: 162
    Options
    i will send u a friend request : )
    i started at 223 six months ago -- 150 today

That's is really awesome! :)
  • MsNeli_RN
    MsNeli_RN Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I am a mother of 3 and have been on the weight loss see-saw for the past two years. I have to lose 20 lbs and am looking for friends too. Hope to see you on...We can support each other on our way to healthy and sexy!