I'm only losing inches on my waist is that right?

Options
well I've been following my plan everyday for 6 weeks watching my calories exercising 6 days a week. seemed to lost a 9 pounds, but my measurements are the same except for my waist it has gone down? why is it only my waist, and not anywhere else on my body. kinda got frustrated.

Replies

• Zara11
    Zara11 Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Are you complaining that your waist has gotten smaller?

Would you have rather dropped twenty pounds and not seen a single inch drop?

Seriously. Let's look at what you've accomplished, not at what you haven't. Otherwise, you'll just mope and feel bad and then get discouraged and go back to square one.

You will lose where you gained last. So if you first gained weight in your thighs and then your stomach, then first you shall lose in the stomach, followed by the thighs. That's in my experience, at least. I also dropped more pounds than inches in the beginning.

More importantly: KEEP GOING.
  • kankan213
    Options
    I think your "problem" is every girls dream lol.

Don't worry about it, everyone loses in different places at different times during weight loss. Eventually the rest will fall in line.
  • stormieweather
    stormieweather Posts: 2,549 Member
    Options
    Well, you could be like me and lose it in your wrists and ribs (so your bra's don't fit anymore...except the cup part still does). Or another member here who lost it around her neck area. Or your knees. Who looks at their knees???

LOL....

It'll come :flowerforyou:
  • GumbyAnne
    GumbyAnne Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I am the same way. It comes off my waist first. That is completely fine with me because I know how many people out there have stubborn belly fat that just won't go away so I shouldn't complain. Personally, I start to look almost ridiculous with this tiny waist and huge hips/thighs/arms before the rest of it starts to melt away, but it does eventually happen. The rest of your body will start shrinking too, just keep it up!
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    What I remember reading.

There's fat that's built up around your organs, stomach, liver, kidney, etc.
    So, it would make sense that if you lose some of that fat, that you would notice inches lost there.

Hope that makes sense.
  • m2kjenn
    m2kjenn Posts: 1,671 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way - my waist has gotten a lot smaller, still waiting on the lower belly and hips, they have come down some but not as much as I would like. As everyone has said, it will come, just keep being diligent.