Please answer: I drink soda water....is that the same as wa

Options
I have a soda machine so what I do is I take tap water and I carbonate it. I DO NOT put any of the syrups in it that make it into soda.....its just the water, carbonated......if I drink 8-10 glasses of this a day is it the same thing as the water without the carbonation? I would assume so. Does anyone know for sure? If not, whats your opinion on it? Please take the time to asnwer my post.

THANKS

Replies

• amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I have a soda machine so what I do is I take tap water and I carbonate it. I DO NOT put any of the syrups in it that make it into soda.....its just the water, carbonated......if I drink 8-10 glasses of this a day is it the same thing as the water without the carbonation? I would assume so. Does anyone know for sure? If not, whats your opinion on it? Please take the time to asnwer my post.

THANKS
  • banks1850
    banks1850 Posts: 3,475 Member
    Options

THANKS

pretty much yeah.
  • AlisonMCross
    AlisonMCross Posts: 37 Member
    Options

THANKS

It's close... but try to have at least half of your water each day be straight fresh water.
  • MrsTomy
    MrsTomy Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    As long as the carbonation process does not add sodium it is the same as water. If it helps you drink more...then good for you! i wish i had one!!! carbinated water tends to be expensive to buy!
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    There is some controversy over carbonated beverages and osteoperosis. I think as long as you are getting your daily calcium a few bubbles in your water won't hurt. the link is mostly between caffienated sodas so drink your water, just get your calcium everyday too!
  • lockedcj7
    lockedcj7 Posts: 257 Member
    Options
    Carbonic acid is formed when CO2 dissolves in water. The amount formed is not large but it does happen. It can shift blood pH closer to neutral (it's normally 7.4 which is slightly basic). At the least, that can interfere with enzymes function and nutrient uptake. This is probably the reason it's implicated in osteoporosis.

At the worst, it can result in metabolic acidosis. The flip-side is probably more familiar. It's called respiratory alkalosis and can be induced by prolonged hot baths or staying in a hottub too long. You off-gas more CO2 than you are supposed to which drops the level of carbonic acid in your body and you begin to feel bad. Feeling bad is your body's way of telling you that something isn't right.

Bottom line, you'd be better off drinking water. If the choice is between carbonated water and no water at all, I'd still go with carbonated.
  • amysol
    amysol Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Thanks for your answers. I feel its so easy for me to drink the 8 in carbonated water over regular water. I will try and mix it up though and do a little of both. I do know that drinking carbonated water allows me to drink more water then I normally would have.....so thats good.

THANKS