Super foods!

Options
What is your super food? Something that gives you most relief when you feel like snacking (with the least damage to your days calorie count!)

Replies

• yoashisme
    yoashisme Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be lemons! I know that sounds crazy but I love eating lemons. Its lo calories and it keeps my hands and mouth busy for awhile.
  • paulsmisses
    paulsmisses Posts: 178
    Options
    had to laugh there ashley! that is a weird thing to munch on! dont think i have the guts to bite into a lemon, way too bitter! glad you have found something that works for you though!
  • MissKris14
    MissKris14 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Veggies and low-calorie hummus from Trader Joes. I do a blend of baby carrots, snap peas, and cherry tomatoes to take with me to school. Very few calories and you get to eat lots of them!

By the way, lemon is awesome for you! I definitely can't eat them raw, but I love squeezing some into my drinking water :)
  • rainydaze613
    rainydaze613 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    I like seasoned seaweed for snacking on something guilt-free, but it might not be for everyone xD
    If I'm craving something sweet, frozen fruits are awesome. Frozen grapes are like candy while frozen bananas have a consistency similar to ice cream.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Fage 0% Greek yogurt.
  • kateva143
    kateva143 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mine has to be lemons! I know that sounds crazy but I love eating lemons. Its lo calories and it keeps my hands and mouth busy for awhile.

I thought I was the only one! I love lemons as well! =)
  • slimmergalpal
    slimmergalpal Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    Baked Chick Peas ! Yep, you can flavor them with so many different things. Takes my cravings away. Cruncy and so good !
  • GymAnJuice
    GymAnJuice Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I like seasoned seaweed for snacking on something guilt-free, but it might not be for everyone xD
    If I'm craving something sweet, frozen fruits are awesome. Frozen grapes are like candy while frozen bananas have a consistency similar to ice cream.

never thought to try frozen fruit (i brought some today :wink: ) and i'm still looking for somewhere close to me that sells seaweed
  • volleypc
    volleypc Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I have a guy at work that has been mixing water, chia seeds, and fruit juice. I read Born to Run this weekend (Great book by the way) and was introduced to Iskiate... Lime Juice, Honey, Chia Seed, and Water. I am ordering chia seeds to try it myself. Heard alot of good things about it so I am looking forward to trying it.
  • Kristy_Elizabeth
    Options
    1/4 cup fat free Greek yogurt. If I have the calories to spare I drop in 1/8 cup of granola, but yummy and filling either way. 1/4 cup Pistachios is another filling favorite.

I just re-read, you were asking about a snack craving, not hunger. I eat different kinds of trail mix or popcorn when I'm craving a snack.