Finally got to my goal but now have more questions.

Options
Ok so i am male and just over a year ago my weight was just under 13 stone and my waist size was 38. I wasn't happy with the size so i started to do something about it.

Now i have dropped down to a size 32 (which i used to be) and am just under 10 stone. I done this by just eating what i thought was right and for the most part i was eating weetabix with semi skimmed milk and a muller light yoghurt for breakfast and for lunch i would have either 2 scrambled eggs on toast or a tuna sandwich and for my last meal i would normally have something with a chicken breast. It could have been pasta with a creamy sauce, wraps or just chicken with some kind of potato and vegetables.

Now i have just checked this in MFP app and it is around 1300-1500 a day. I dont really want to loose any more weight just tone up so obviously i would need to eat more and according to MFP i need to eat 2020 calories to maintain what i am now but i am just finding it so hard to add more calories to what i am already eating.

Has anyone been in the same situation as me and just don't know how to up their calories?
I have also started to lift weights as i have really skinny arms so would i need to add even more calories for that too?

I am sorry if this sounds like a stupid question but i am having real trouble with this.
Thank you

Replies

• ozeck
    ozeck Posts: 2
    Options
    Bump!
  • Quickster34
    Quickster34 Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    The key is to add calories efficiently , so if you have ahard time increasing your intake try peanut butter, nuts, and other calorie dense foods, up your potein and healthy fats and you will easily add calories. If your starting to lift and build muscle then upping your protein will be beneficial regardless. you can calso try to eat more meals through out the day for example i eat 6-7 smaller meals a day about every 2-3 hours depending on workouts and schedule. its easier to get in the calories spread out and it also keeps you from being hungry though the day, good luck ! you have already done some serious work loosing that much !