What is a good fitness video to do at home?

Options
During the school year, I use our free gym so it's no problem. But with the end of the year approaching in a week, I need to plan for summer. Gym memberships are too expensive for me (the infamous broke student lol). So, I'm looking for a fitness video with lots of cardio and good exercises that will keep me burning pounds off throughout the summer. Any reccomendations?

Replies

• Mindmovesbody
    Mindmovesbody Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred is great and her ripped in 30. You can also look up beach body.com and follow their workout on the computer. I am also doing JM yoga meltdown. Her videos definitely get results!
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    Anything Jillian Micheals. Most of them are pretty cheap too.
    Leslie Sansone's walk at home or walk away the pounds are great, for lower impact.
  • LetsStartARiot
    LetsStartARiot Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I personally love any of Jillian Michaels' videos, especially Ripped in 30 and the 30 Day Shred. They're both quick workouts that you can easily fit into your day, but intense enough that you see results too. They're both circuit training, each spending about 3 mins on strength, 2 on cardio, and 1 on abs.

There's also Insanity and P90X and the other Beachbody videos, but those are a lot more intense and require a lot more commitment. Insanity focuses more on cardio and some lean muscle building, while I'v heard P90X is more for people who want to gain serious muscle (never done P90X though).

Just some suggestions; these are workouts I've done in the past :)
  • chrissyw63
    chrissyw63 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    I love Insanity! Its def got the cardio you're looking for. I think you can probably snag it on Amazon or something to get it a little cheaper. Hope your summer goes well!
  • kista30
    kista30 Posts: 5
    Options
    if you have cable Comcast has workout videos on their On Demand menu. there are a couple Jillian Michael ones, and a biggest loser i think
  • jukemaster
    jukemaster Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    P90X or Insanity. I like Insanity more, but some folks who do it seem to think you have to push yourself to the brink. Push yourself to what you're body can do without getting injured--this goes for any exercise routine. If you feel sore or tired, then it's working, if you feel in pain, like you're knee or your ankle just hurts, then calm it down. Of the people I know who do P90X and Insanity, I seem to see less potential for injury out of P90X, but I can't say that's accurate.

I don't think P90X is going to get you more muscle over Insanity since the focus is mostly fat loss and lean muscle growth, not bulk muscle. P90X won't make you big, it'll make you lean. Regardless of what you do, just make sure you eat properly and stay committed. Don't even look at a scale while you run through the full program... just work through it and then look at the results when you're done.
  • GasMasterFlash
    GasMasterFlash Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo.

Ha, beat her to it!
  • chelcscarbrough
    chelcscarbrough Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I'm doing Jillian Michaels' 30 Day Shred right now, and it's really good, but so far I liked her Banish Fat Boost Metabolism video better. It was more focused on cardio, but if you want cardio, strength, and abs then 30 Day Shred is the way to go.
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    I did P90X and loved it! Great results. I also like Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. I did the Turbo Jam videos (kickboxing) and those were also pretty great!
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Any DVD by Jillian Michaels. I loved 30 Day Shred. Now doing Ripped in 30.
  • jojoof4
    jojoof4 Posts: 120
    Options
    I personally enjoyed the Slim in 6 DVDs.
  • caytee118
    caytee118 Posts: 55
    Options
    Jillian Michaels videos! Pretty much all of them will have you sweating like a pig, but in the end you will look like a fox :D However if your talking about a free video you should consider the blogilates workouts on youtube
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! THIS is all you need. It's 20 minutes. You need no equipment. Just a couple of chairs. Come back and tell me you're not dying when you're done! :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfa197Xkvd0&list=FLqfDfeZ3tqLxn_pZelWleRA&index=1&feature=plpp_video
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    I only do videos at home. I do Zumba, low impact aerobics (Richard Simmons mostly LOL) and Kickboxing.
  • mjames38
    mjames38 Posts: 18
    Options
    I enjoy Lisa Sansone's 3 mile walk; I do it at least 4 times a week. It has been a big factor in my weight loss so far.
  • ProjFit
    ProjFit Posts: 143
    Options
    Jillian michaels is great, also slim in 6, insanity, or p90x.
  • krysten90
    Options
    zumba on the wii is pretty fun. i do it everyday =))
  • Skinnysoon55
    Options
    If you are any type of beginner (like me), the Bob Harper beginning work out video is great. He pushes you hard and is good for more than a beginner workout. He motivates you as you go. It is really great:
  • Dtho5159
    Dtho5159 Posts: 1,054 Member
    Options
    Ha ha! THIS is all you need. It's 20 minutes. You need no equipment. Just a couple of chairs. Come back and tell me you're not dying when you're done! :happy:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xfa197Xkvd0&list=FLqfDfeZ3tqLxn_pZelWleRA&index=1&feature=plpp_video

You're gonna kill me LOL
  • Skinnysoon55
    Options
    I've done Zumba live classes before but not on a video. Do they make the steps easy to follow on the Wii?