Primal Living ??

Options
I've been doing a lot of reading lately on the Primal style of eating. I'm leaning more & more towards the Primal style, though I'm not all the way there (yet).

Interested in meeting others who are thinking along those lines, have been practicing the Primal discipline& your experiences/thoughts/ideas.

Looking forward to meeting!

Replies

• laurelderry
    laurelderry Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :)

And check out this group: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/37-primal-paleo-support-group
  • squishycow7
    squishycow7 Posts: 820 Member
    Options
    Me tooooo! I just joined the primal/paleo group on here. I'm definitely a newbie but I've been reading/thinking about it for a while.
  • siome42
    siome42 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    This interests me too. I need to read up on it more though.
  • AggieCass09
    AggieCass09 Posts: 1,867 Member
    Options
    i incorporate a primal lifestyle too!

great results!!!!
  • laurelderry
    Options
    i incorporate a primal lifestyle too!

great results!!!!

Um yeah they are!!! Cass is getting supppper lean!
  • uniqsol
    uniqsol Posts: 36
    Options
    To everyone thus far (& whoever else jumps in)...

How did you decide on Primal versus Paleo?
    I understand there are some differences (major/minor, depending on who you ask).

As an example...
    One thing that I currently "depend" on daily is the Activia yogurt for my breakfast. I've tried switching to greek yogurt for the added protein (& less sugar!), but found that my system is just too sensitive to work through it, even with the added help of Magnesium supplements & Aloe Juice. From what I've read, Paleo doesn't seem to support dairy incorporation.
    Things like this are what have me leaning more towards Primal.

Overall, I'm very interested in the ideology of getting back to basics & getting away from (overly) processed foods.
  • laurelderry
    Options
    To everyone thus far (& whoever else jumps in)...

How did you decide on Primal versus Paleo?
    I understand there are some differences (major/minor, depending on who you ask).

As an example...
    One thing that I currently "depend" on daily is the Activia yogurt for my breakfast. I've tried switching to greek yogurt for the added protein (& less sugar!), but found that my system is just too sensitive to work through it, even with the added help of Magnesium supplements & Aloe Juice. From what I've read, Paleo doesn't seem to support dairy incorporation.
    Things like this are what have me leaning more towards Primal.

Overall, I'm very interested in the ideology of getting back to basics & getting away from (overly) processed foods.

I consider myself "Primal" because I eat cheese and milk--- but I do have days where I am more Paleo- and I consciously try to be more Paleo daily. Have you looked into the Whole 9 (and/or The Whole 30). This is a paleo program in which they even go as far as asking you to cut out the products with Xantham Gum, Guar Gum, and Soy Lecithin (soy is NOT primal or paleo- by the way). I've done this- but have reverted back to my old ways because I like cheese darnit! However- even prior to this I tried to avoid the foods with the the Xantham Gum and what not- as they are emulsifiers and can actually act as a laxative. NO THANKS :) Let me know if you have questions- I've been doing this since late 2011.
  • nursevee
    nursevee Posts: 344 Member
    Options
    Hi.

My husband and I are Primal/Paleo lifestylers. Feel free to add me. I've never felt so good as I have right now eating this way.

I have a bunch of websites that are invaluable reading but I highly recommend the blueprint to start.

When it comes to switching the best way is to start slowly. The first thing I removed from my diet was grains/wheat, processed foods and refined sugar. We had a few days of withdrawals but they weren't too bad. After that we switched out dairy (although I must say that my Husband occassionally uses approved Primal dairy products if we feel the need - I'm more Paleo and am very content with Coconut milk/Almond milk as a substitute.)

Good luck! You'll feel amazing!