Hi, my name is.... (say that like Eminem) lol

Options
Hi :::waving::::

I'm Denise and I am not new to MFP. I have been on MFP for 2.5 years. Raved about this site/app to all of my friends and am lucky to have them joining me here also. Without them I would not have been royally discouraged. I started MFP to log what I ate without caring what I ate. The first week I WAS DISTURBED AND SHOCKED with how much extra food I would eat in my day! I couldn't believe the extra calories!!!!! One little starburst here or a hershey kiss there.... I went from drinking about 4 soda's (in the can) a day to MAYYYBEEEE 1 diet coke. I was SHOCKED at how much I stopped looking so swollen by quitting the extra regular sodas a day. I don't ever feel bloated anymore. I used MFP's goal section to help me decide on a calorie limit for my personal goals and since I've RELIGIOUSLY logged, I am down 9 pounds and have NEVER felt so amazing in my life!!! I am a 36 year old mother of 2 (14yr old and 12 year old) and I have decided this year that this is MY YEAR! I need to show these kids that I am healthy and I want to live for THEM and for ME!

I completed 4 weeks of Brazil Butt Lift along with logging on MFP and I have to say I am seeing muscles I haven't seen since I was a 6th grader, lol. I've always been a smaller person but to see the muscle form and pop out of places I never knew I had a muscle makes me want to NEVER quit exercising. I had no idea that putting aside 25-60 minutes a couple days a week could do so much good for my body (and self esteem!!!) Today I am starting round 2 of BBL with a group of ladies who are as excited as I am. If I have had this good of results in 4 weeks, I can only imagine what 4 more will give me. I have grown to REALLY love exercise, its one of my favorite things to do... I love the natural energy and happiness it makes me feel....

I wanted to introduce myself to you in case any of you have the same fire burning inside. I'd love to be friends here on MFP and I also created a fun healthy and beauty page on facebook named "Chic Fitness" if anyone wants to join me and my group there too. There is a couple of us starting Brazil Butt Lift today as a challenge to keep each other motivated, encouraged and accountable.

Join us, will ya!?

Can't wait to hear from you all, and am excited for us ALLL!!!!!!!!

xo

Replies

• jpfost
    jpfost Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me!
  • tamerkins2
    tamerkins2 Posts: 212
    Options
    What? My name is, who? LOL!! Now that song is in my head! Welcome! Please send me a request if you want :smile: I would just like to say that you look great for 36!! I thought, there is no way she could have a 14 year old!!
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Yep, I am a 36 y.o. mom to a 13 year old myself :) I used to look fine until I gave birth to him, then settled into having the classic saggy stomach and then just gained weight on top of it. I decided 13 years was long enough and that I had to get myself fit and set a good example for my son (who is in martial arts 3 days a week). Feel free to add me :)
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    First off: Thanks for getting that song in my head :tongue:

Second off: I'm struggling to believe you're as old as you say you are! You only look about 30 :noway:

Good luck on your challenge :bigsmile:
  • DeniseNichole76
    DeniseNichole76 Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your compliments. I was born on 4/8/1976 ~~ I JUST turned 36. You should see what its like to be me and walk around with my 14 year old son who is as tall as me. People NEVER believe he is my son, and look at me with crazy eyes as I see them trying to think "HOW OLD WAS SHE WHEN SHE HAD HIM!" I'm judged right when he calls me 'mom' outloud. He just went to prom last saturday, THAT was an amazing day for me. I feel so young and try to keep my shell looking as old as I feel in my heart.

I really appreciate the compliments!!!!!!!!
    Makes my day!!!!
  • sl1ngsh0t
    sl1ngsh0t Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Thank you for all of your compliments. I was born on 4/8/1976 ~~ I JUST turned 36. You should see what its like to be me and walk around with my 14 year old son who is as tall as me. People NEVER believe he is my son, and look at me with crazy eyes as I see them trying to think "HOW OLD WAS SHE WHEN SHE HAD HIM!" I'm judged right when he calls me 'mom' outloud. He just went to prom last saturday, THAT was an amazing day for me. I feel so young and try to keep my shell looking as old as I feel in my heart.

Makes my day!!!!

I get the same thing. My 13 year old son looks 15 and is a tall guy. Folks usually think I am his older sister until they learn otherwise. I've been asked if I was a teenager when I had him or folks will quickly do the math to make sure I wasn't a teen mom (?) Some people haven't learned about social graces!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    Right!? lol, i Feel you Sl1ng. So much.
  • sweetfacephoto
    sweetfacephoto Posts: 45 Member
    Options

Makes my day!!!!

That is how it was (actually still is) with my mom. They NEVER believe not only that she is my mom, but that she has two other kids (including one four years older than me). I just pray that I have inherited that young-looking gene...but so far it doesn't seem like it. hahaha In any event, I do agree with the others - you do not look 36. :)

And now I am off to try to get a different song stuck in my head. lol
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    LMAO!!! @ Sweet. I'm sorry i got that stuck in your head (kinda) lol

I should mention that I worked for a dermatologist for 10 years and started using sunscreen at the age of 17 EVERYDAY on my face. I also was able to use the best face wash, moisturizers, exfolients, etc... ... ... could talk beauty all day too!
  • DeniseNichole76
    Options
    What work out programs are you all doing in addition to MFP?