Water fast

Options
Has anybody ever tried a water fast? If so how was it? And do you think it is healthy?

Replies

• Scubanana7
    Scubanana7 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    No, but I know you have to be real careful about drinking TOO much water. If you want to do something extreme, then why not eat nothing but raw salads with lots of good veges and low carb fruit for a few days? That would nourish and cleanse your body. I am not a fan of fasts unless for a specific religious purpose. Processed food is what got most of us where we are....starving doesn't really help. You might drop lbs for a few days, but it always comes back. Believe me, 25 years of yo-yoing, healthy eating really really really does work best. Find the carb/protein/fat balance that works for you. It took a LONG time for me to find what makes this old lady lose. You have youth so losing is (believe it or not) simpler for you. My balance is 35%CARB/35%PROTEIN/30%GOOD FATS. I am so thankful that I finally found a losing balance. And Exercise is critical. Good luck honey. You are a beautiful girl right this minute. You can and will lose and be an even greater knockout!
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    No, no and no.
  • angng
    angng Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    Nope. I don't even fast on Yom Kippur (cue grandparents rolling over in graves).
  • hazelsmrf
    hazelsmrf Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    If you're doing it for the health benefits, I'm not sure that you have to go so far as to only do water. They've shown that you still get the benefits even if you eat some calories, I eat protein on my fasts. They still end up being very low calorie days.
  • LadyDiaw
    LadyDiaw Posts: 10
    Options
    Thank you all for your advice. I didn't think it sounded to healthy. Water fast is a no go! @scubanana thanks your so sweet.
  • LifeOnMars_
    LifeOnMars_ Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I'm not sure but I would think that once you started eating solid food again you would probably gain back most, if not all the weight you lost while only drinking water.
  • rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    I've been water fasting since 1:30 today. So far, it's great! I'll probably stop around 5 or so.