Acupuncture and Weight Loss

Options
I was wondering if anyone has ever had acupuncture done to help with their weight loss journey? What are your experiences? Tell me your story!

Thanks!!

Replies

• whatiseenow
    whatiseenow Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you're still interested, but I'm currently going to acupuncture for fibromyalgia and weight loss. It has absolutely changed my life in terms of pain management, but the weight loss has not been as successful. As my acupuncturist explains, the needles are there to help aid digestion, eliminate cravings, manage stress, and diminish hunger. I lost fifteen pounds the first month I did it, because you essentially eat as few calories as possible during treatment; I get ear tics--essentially needles on band-aids--that are there for a week that I'm supposed to rub when hungry or stressed; they help some. However, when I'm in a bad place and just want to EAT, the acupuncture hasn't helped. While I did lose weight, I've now gained back 5 pounds. I'm happy to share more about it!
  • JBennis1013
    JBennis1013 Posts: 377 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the response! I went for three sessions and enjoyed every minute of it. I did find myself to be less hungry while I was going, but it's just so darn expensive to go. I was only paying $35 a session because I went to a school, but it adds up.