levels in 30DS

Options
I am about to start this today and I was wondering how the different levels work. I'm not at a beginner level, but not a pro either and obviously want the best results. Would I get better results by starting out on level 2 rather than 1? Isn't it level 1 for 10 days, level 2 for 10 days, and level 3 for 10 days?

Replies

• breezymom81
    breezymom81 Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    It is set up that way but progress as you feel ready- I would still start on level one just to get the feel of the work out and then move up- I did 30 DS and loved it! Lost 30 inches :flowerforyou: Good luck!
  • 987Runner
    987Runner Posts: 209
    Options
    I'm probably similar to you. I tried level 1, realized it was too easy, but finished it, then moved on to level 2 therefore completing two workouts right after the other. I think 30DS is great for anyone, if you're just starting, level 1 is excellent. But those who are a bit more advanced, it can't hurt to start at level 2. And it's all about how much you put into it (that's what my boot camp instructor always screams at us!) LOL
  • SueD66
    SueD66 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    I started with level one and did the 10 day per level. try it and see what you think. if it's to easy you can move on to the next level. Just listen to what JM has to say. Good luck and happy jumping!
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Start with level 1 and use weights that are challenging but not so heavy that you're going to hurt yourself. If you feel up to following the 'advanced' girl, try to stick with her and see how that feels. If you don't feel like it was a good workout, try level 2 the next day OR try doing 2 levels back to back (either the same one twice or two different ones). Each level has a warm up then 3 circuits which each consist of 3 minutes of strength, 2 minutes of cardio, and 1 minute of abs, then a cool down. Each circuit has different moves within the level and each level has different moves although there are a couple of moves that are repeated or modified.

The general idea of the DVD is to do each level 10 times (not necessarily 30 days straight though, your body does need a rest every now and then), but some pope, do it differently based on their fitness level. Some stick with each level longer and some more on to the other levels faster.
  • Msjcooper
    Msjcooper Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Yes that is how the levels work. I would start on Level 1, and if it's not challenging at all, then move to Level 2. I was in pretty good shape when I started, and I still found Level 1 to be challenging. I love the 30DS do Level 3 now and then as a part of my workout rotation.
  • moepwr
    moepwr Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Still try level 1. Even seasoned athletes have found it challenging!! It is suppose to be 10 days of each. I am into day 6 of level 1. There is also an easy and a hard to each level so you can do the hard level 1 and see if you find it a challenge. Good luck!!
  • lporter229
    lporter229 Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    I would definitely try level one. It can be as easy or as hard as you make it because you can control the tempo of the cardio and vary the amount of weight. I would at least start there. As others have suggested, you could always do 1 and 2 back to back if you didn't get enough of a workout
  • pumpthejam2015
    pumpthejam2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I started with level one and am glad I did!! THat was tough for me!
  • pumpthejam2015
    pumpthejam2015 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    i am starting out with 6lb weights, since thats all I have in my house. That should be fine right? It'll def make the workouts harder but the more weight the betteR?
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    You will probably find that you need somewhat light waits on some moves but can use bigger ones on others. You might want to invest in another set or two in different weight amounts so you have options for the different moves.