Spaghetti Squash with Sausage - Vegan

Options
ellesoul
ellesoul Posts: 125 Member
So I decided to try spaghetti squash last night and the only "meat" I had was Tofurky sausage links (which are amazing btw)... it resulted in an AMAZING meal and I wanted to share. The tofurky kind of ups the sodium and fat content, so if I make it again I'll likely go for a lean meat, but overall not bad (especially for the amount of protein). It's also vegan, for those of you on that path. Here it is:

Ingredients:

1 Spaghetti squash
1 pack of Tofurky Italian Tomato Basil sausage, cut into pieces (4 come in a pack - I'd eaten one so I used 3)
3 garlic cloves, minced
2 tbs of olive oil
1 can diced tomatoes, no salt added
salt and pepper to taste

1.) Preheat oven to 400, slice spaghetti sqush in half, scoop out the seeds/middle stuff. Place on a baking sheet rind up (cut side down) and back for about 40 mins or until you can easily pierce with a knife.

2.) In a pot or pan heat 1 Tbsp of the olive oil on medium heat and sautee the garlic until soft and golden

3.) Add the sausage and allow it to brown, stirring occasionally

4.) Add the diced tomatoes and allow to simmer on low heat for about 5 minutes

5.) Shred your spaghetti squash with a fork (you could do this after it cooks in step 1, I did it while the tomato mixture simmered in step 4)

6.) Add the spaghetti squash and toss with the tomato and sausage mixture

7.) Season with salt and pepper. Drizzle on the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and Serve.

Nutrition (with 3 tofurky sausages, for 4 servings): 324 Calories, 26 carbs, 17 fat, 24 protein, 510 sodium, 10 sugar)

2jezj87.jpg

Replies

• ellesoul
    Options
    not sure how to get the pic to show
  • jamietackett12
    Options
    sounds delicious I will make this for sure!:bigsmile:
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    bump
  • korsicash
    korsicash Posts: 770 Member
    Options
    OMG LOVE SPAGHETTI SQUASH!!!!!!!!
  • ellesoul
    Options
    Anyone know how to get the pic to post?
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    Mmm, that looks delicious. Just make the "IMG" into "img". No capitals! :) YumYUMYUM.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    Anyone know how to get the pic to post?

put the img text in to lower case.
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    This sounds amazing, I wish I could get spaghetti squash over here in the UK but I've had no joy. The sausages sound amazing also.
  • mewaybright
    mewaybright Posts: 240 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting...
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    2957p1s.jpg
  • alyons21
    alyons21 Posts: 10
    Options
    Will be trying this for sure, sounds good. Try light life products they are vegan and low in fat and they taste good as well.
  • ellesoul
    Options
    got it! thanks!
  • alyons21
    alyons21 Posts: 10
    Options
    Making this tonight , let you know how it turns out, going to use smart ground meat.