Good lifting programs?

Options
Lisa0711
Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
I am looking for a good lifting program. I have done ChaLean Extreme so many times through that I just don't look forward to it anymore (LOVE the program and Chalene, just hate how I know every move/everything that's said from doing it so many times).

I'm looking for a program instead of just a DVD. I have mannnny programs and DVDs but hope there's something else that someone will recommend that I haven't yet tried. (I have CLE, P90X, X-TrainFit, and 90 Day Supreme in regard to lifting programs.) Also, I find that I don't like to follow programs per a book - DVDs are much more motivating for me. :)

Any suggestions are welcome!

Replies

• savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Great program for starting is New Rules of Lifting for Women. It will get you into the weight room in the gym in a less than intimidating way.

Or there is Strong Lifts 5x5, which I am starting now to really gain some strength after NROL for Abs..

if you want any advice with lifting, feel free to message me. :smile: I love lifting heavy.
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    Oh, you're looking for a DVD lifting program - read that real fast.. P90X2? :P Maybe some bodyrock.tv - it's not strength training, per say, but interval training.

There is Supreme 90 - I think. It's on amazon for decently cheap. If you're looking for a real, high quality program, go with a book though. :smile: IMO.
  • pyororon
    pyororon Posts: 22
    Options
    Strong Lifts or Starting Strength, both are great.
  • jamiesadler
    jamiesadler Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    Great program for starting is New Rules of Lifting for Women. It will get you into the weight room in the gym in a less than intimidating way.

Or there is Strong Lifts 5x5, which I am starting now to really gain some strength after NROL for Abs..

if you want any advice with lifting, feel free to message me. :smile: I love lifting heavy.

NROLFW For sure I love it!
  • nikkijoshua
    nikkijoshua Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Try Cathe Friedrich at www.cathe.com. She has advanced, very effective weight lifting DVDs. I just love her workouts. You will not be disappointed.
  • taxidermist15
    taxidermist15 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    check out www.bodybuilding.com

they have free 12 week programmes based on ages, goal and gender. some even have daily meal plans and set workouts and stuff. helped me get into heavy lifting, made me feel good knowing that i wasnt doing something that i made up and wasnt working properly
  • FitFoodieMomBillie
    FitFoodieMomBillie Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    :glasses: I wanna know too!
  • Lisa0711
    Lisa0711 Posts: 1,405 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    - Starting Strength