8 CUPS OF WATER

Options
I never drank much water before this program and I only consumed about 4-5 cups of the other unhealthy stuff. I just wanted to ask how long it took previous non-water drinkers to work up to 8 glasses a day?????
I have stopped all soda and am down to 1 cup of coffee a day. I drink water with all meals and inbetween meals as well but I seem to only get up to 4-6 glasses a day at best. I have been on this cycle for about 3 weeks. Any thoughts?

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    It may not be 8 glasses if your glasses are large - a cup is 8 ounces, MFP is suggesting 64 ounces per day. I detest plain water, I flavor mine with some of those little powdered flavoring packets (only 10 calories each and yummy, plus the ones I use have added calcium - bonus for me :-) ). One 16 ounce bottle is equal to 2 cups, so I know I only have to have 4 of those bottles each day. I take one, mix in my flavoring, and keep it around to sip on any time I think about it. Four 16 ounce bottles throughout the day is pretty easy as long as I keep one nearby so I don't forget about it. :-)
  • mdcjmom
    mdcjmom Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    I make up a thing of crystal light every morning on tub makes 64 fluid ounces and I drink it til its gone. I use an old juice container to do it so I know its accurate. Works for me...
  • akshayam29
    Options
    how about trying coconut water?
  • gardm032
    gardm032 Posts: 1
    Options
    It helps is you down a glass first thing in the morning. Just chug a whole 8oz glass (or two!) right away, especially since your body is a bit dehydrated from going 8hrs (well, hopefully 8hrs) without it.

I have a huge 20oz. BPA-free cup at my desk at work that I refill a few times throughout the day. Not to mention all the water I drink while I'm at home and on the road.

Once you get into the swing of drinking H2O, you'll wonder why you never drank at least eight 8oz glasses every day! :)