"Worlds ten heaviest people" very sad..

Options
hollyeverhart
hollyeverhart Posts: 397 Member
I came across this list today, I normally love internet top ten lists but this one is very disturbing & sad to me,

http://www.oddee.com/item_98150.aspx

It's the ten heaviest people in the world from now & some from the past.

I cannot how far some people let themselves get before they realize their weight could kill them.. I can't imagine being confined to a bed & not being able to take care of myself. They can't have any quality of life, good to see that some of them make a change & try to get healthy though.

Just found it interesting & figured I would share.

Replies

• ashmarie484
    ashmarie484 Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Very disheartening and shame on the people who paid that women to watch her eat. What is wrong with people.
  • TheFunBun
    TheFunBun Posts: 793 Member
    Options
    LOL. The people who paid to watch her eat were fetishists. I guess if you were going to get that heavy, may as well be paid for it. ;)

I'm more disturbed by the heaviest child- getting fed all that nonsense and his mom just thinks it's cute.
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    Very disheartening and shame on the people who paid that women to watch her eat. What is wrong with people.

Thats what I was thinking too :(

They are paying to watch her slowly kill herself, I understand a lot of men out there like 'big' women but you would think health would be put ahead of that! You can be a 'bigger' women & stay healthy, not morbidly obese but your health should be far more important then some strangers fetish.... Crazy!
  • hollyeverhart
    Options
    LOL. The people who paid to watch her eat were fetishists. I guess if you were going to get that heavy, may as well be paid for it. ;)

I'm more disturbed by the heaviest child- getting fed all that nonsense and his mom just thinks it's cute.

Yeah super NOT cute to feed your kid to death... I consider that child abuse
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    That really is so sad.

I liked this top ten much better.

http://www.oddee.com/item_98119.aspx
  • YossDillo
    YossDillo Posts: 19
    Options
    I found the first one from the past interesting... Like, it wasn't so much his doing at much as a malfunctioning pituitary gland. I knew a girl who had the same problem.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    An 11 year old boy...wow, how awful. :frown:
  • propskat
    propskat Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    That really is so sad.

I was going to say exactly the same thing! Much better for our psyche! :)
    But did you notice most of them are not working for american companies?
  • icewindfirex
    Options
    That's so messed up about that kid. You'd think the government would want to inspect that house/their daily lives - instead of making him famous over there :/ Poor kid.
  • rehtaeh78
    rehtaeh78 Posts: 90
    Options
    Very sad :(
  • foramanwhohashope
    foramanwhohashope Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    MY GOD.
  • kelseyhere
    kelseyhere Posts: 1,123 Member
    Options
    i can't believe #2 had a baby at that weight!!! it's so unhealthy to her and the baby! I'm so glad the baby lived but she never, ever should have even gotten pregnant in the first place.
  • crazyellybean
    crazyellybean Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    Ok first off, good thing I didn't eat before clicking on that link... my lunch is brewing on the upside..

second of all... so really the court ordered she was too FAT to kill her nephew??

"Mayra Rosales Child Murder - 1,000-lb woman is 'too big to kill' "

A Texas court has ruled that Mayra Rosales, who weighs about 1,036 pounds, weighs too much, and that it would have been impossible for her to lift her arm in order to kill her 2-year-old nephew, whom she was accused of murdering in 2008. (Link | Via)
  • DaBossLady24
    DaBossLady24 Posts: 556 Member
    Options

^^ My thoughts exactly.
  • TheNewDodge
    TheNewDodge Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    gnar
  • Starla_
    Starla_ Posts: 349
    Options
    Number 3 - Manuel Uribe

He has lost most of his weight without surgery.. going from 597 kg (1,320 lb) to 199.5 kg (440 lb)!! That should be an inspiration.
  • FitLink
    FitLink Posts: 1,317 Member
    Options
    That really is so sad.

I was going to say exactly the same thing! Much better for our psyche! :)
    But did you notice most of them are not working for american companies?

I was going to say I preferred that one too. In fact, my heart was racing a little and I'm a little flushed. Whoa, hot!

Tara Lynn has always turned me on but I might push her out of bed for Christina Mendez!
  • FitLink
    Options
    That's so messed up about that kid. You'd think the government would want to inspect that house/their daily lives - instead of making him famous over there :/ Poor kid.

Why do people look to the government to fix every problem?
  • FitLink
    Options
    Ok first off, good thing I didn't eat before clicking on that link... my lunch is brewing on the upside..

second of all... so really the court ordered she was too FAT to kill her nephew??

A Texas court has ruled that Mayra Rosales, who weighs about 1,036 pounds, weighs too much, and that it would have been impossible for her to lift her arm in order to kill her 2-year-old nephew, whom she was accused of murdering in 2008. (Link | Via)

The court didn't order, they found. They found that it was impossible for her to have killed her nephew because she wasn't strong enough to lift her arm. The "headline" was poorly written. Why would that not make sense?
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options

Because it would have been.

And she didn't kill her nephew. Her sister was abusing him and killed him, then convinced Mayra to take the blame, which she did because she didn't feel she had anything to live for, her sister was pregnant (I think?) and she loved her sister so wanted to protect her.