What the heck? Help.

Options
Hi all,
I'm a "newbie" and have never posted in a forum, but am needing some advice/motivation something! I have been doing MFP for an active 2 weeks now (did it for awhile a few months ago but had an i jury and had to stop for awhile). In these two weeks I workout about 4 days a week and am 99% in check with daily calorie count etc. last week was my first weigh in, I lost a pound. Ok. Today was my second weigh in. Nothing, not an ounce gone. I dont feel like I can call this a "plataue" seeing as how I just started an have lost one pound. I've been working to do a healthy mix of strength training and cardio. I just dont know. I feel like I have done really really well, and to not be "rewarded" is disheartening. I wish I could say, "well my clothes are at least looser" nope. Nothing. Any input would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!

Replies

• ishtar13
    ishtar13 Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Give it time.

2 weeks is nothing.

Keep it up.

I always have a problem with the scale not moving for weeks and weeks, but other changes happen.

It's not magic.

You most likely didn't gain all the weight in 2 weeks, you can't lose it in that time.

Your body has to adapt to the new levels of food and exercise before it can start to say good-bye to the extra.
  • katgirl985
    katgirl985 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Yes, it can take your body a while to get used to your new habits, don't give up!

Also, pay attention to QUALITY of food, not just calories. I know it is very important for me to eat WELL, no just low cal. :-)

Good luck!
  • Ekf311
    Ekf311 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks for the pep talk. I am sure you all are right..... Sigh. Katgirl, i agree with the quality thing. I find that quality keeps me fuller much longer. I try to do a lot of lean protein and fruits and veggies. In the end, I know regardless of ## I am so much healthier this way. Just frustrating to skip a lot of yumminess (margaritas with friends, birthday cake, etc) and not see the payoff.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Without being able to see your diary or know your stats we can not really give you much informed advice.

But yes, you have to give it more time. Remember, weight loss will not be linear. Some weeks (or more) you will see no loss and others you will see a big loss. Your body doesn't care that it is your weigh in day... it will show when it shows.

Also, the scale is not the be all, end all of this. Take measurements and pictures. It's amazing the changes that do not show on the scale always.
  • Ekf311
    Ekf311 Posts: 3
    Options
    Thanks guys. I made my diary public in case anyone wants to check me! Teying to just keep on pluggin away....
  • MantraMommy
    Options
    Two weeks is very little time. How much weight do you think you would gain in two weeks time prior to this? Chances are the pounds inched their way on little by little. You and I will take off our pounds streadily, healthily, and mindfully. :-)