I'm new and I'm gonna kick butt!

Options
Hi everyone...

My name is Samantha! I'm 22 years old and a Realtor in Texas. I am currently 208lbs according to one of those funny gas station scales and my goal is to get down to at least 140. We'll see where I go from there.

I started working out last week and went to the gym 4 times! I ended up getting super sick on Sunday and am still trying to recover. I desperately want to get back in my new gym habit but I can't breathe!

I looked at some before and after pics and WOW! I want a before and after pic so it's so on!

Replies

• CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Hi! You've come to the right place.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & fried ), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get your exercise - work that gym, that's a huge help. Remember log your exercise adn eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Don't want your body thinking you've moved to Ethiopia and locking into Famine Mode - it'll hang onto every fat gram it can if that happens.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 8 months now. I'm down about 60, she's down 45 and we're doing great. You can do it too.
  • annaliza
    Options
    You go girl!!

Kick some butt!!
  • Channing
    Channing Posts: 617 Member
    Options
    Yes!!! I love your attitude! You ARE going to kick butt! :glasses:

Keep up that fire and you'll do great!

:heart:
  • April0815
    April0815 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Hi! You've come to the right place.

This is easy - here's all ya' gotta do:

Cook smart, lotsa good filling stuff. Some fruits, lotsa veggies, some grains-cereals, some starchy stuff, some lean meat. Almost nothing fried (and certainly nothing batter dipped & fried ), and very very little pastry/cakey stuff.

Count your calories accurately with the food guide here, and stay as close to your calorie allowance as you reasonably can. If you cook properly you shouldn't be too uncomfortable on the calorie allowance MFP will give you.

Get your exercise - work that gym, that's a huge help. Remember log your exercise adn eat at least some (I eat most) of your exercise calories. Don't want your body thinking you've moved to Ethiopia and locking into Famine Mode - it'll hang onto every fat gram it can if that happens.

And drink your water!

That's it, piece o' cake. Wife and I have been doing it for about 8 months now. I'm down about 60, she's down 45 and we're doing great. You can do it too.

Casper, Isn't is so much fun making this life change with your wife. My husband started when I did. We go to the gym together on the weekends when he is home, I love when we go together. Even though we are on different ends of the gym, we're still working out together if that makes sense. I can't see ever going back to my old ways. My trainer told me that I am a natural and that I am very tough.
  • startingnew09
    Options
    Keep it up girl! Kick butt and don't stop kicking! It is so good to hear how motivated you are to do this! It really encourages me to do the same!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: