Halfway there! (Progress pics, 5'4" f)

Options
maeganhaha
maeganhaha Posts: 28 Member
Today, I officially have an "overweight" BMI instead on an "obese" one! I am ecstatic as this probably hasn't been the case for me in many years. To celebrate, I decided to post some progress pictures. :) I'm halfway to my goal (I'm a 5'4" female looking to get to about 140 pounds) and I couldn't be happier! I've basically been overweight my entire life and it feels amazing to be working towards something I've never known before. I'm even running my first 5k in two weeks.

Before (I can't believe I actually thought I looked okay... one is from last summer, the other is from this past Christmas)

before2.jpg

before.jpg

And now, the DURING!

after.jpg

IMAG0013.jpg

I started off at 210 pounds, I'm now at 174 pounds. Started MyFitnessPal on January 1st, 2012, paired with occasional exercise/running. Not done yet but I'm getting there! I hope these can help inspire you a little, just like all of your progress pictures have inspired me! <3

Replies

• twoboys2012
    twoboys2012 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Well done ... great job and huge difference ... can't wait to be able to put mine up one day
  • maeganhaha
    Options
    Well done ... great job and huge difference ... can't wait to be able to put mine up one day
    Thank you! You'll get there, I remember thinking the same thing, and it's amazing how the time flies! :)
  • GraceK2012
    GraceK2012 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Congratulations.
    You did look cute in those earlier pictures, but you look so much better now.
    And imagine, if you look so good now, you're going to look really stunning when you reach your goal.

Well done! And thank you for posting your pictures. I was having a down day and needed some encouragement.
  • maeganhaha
    Options
    Congratulations.
    You did look cute in those earlier pictures, but you look so much better now.
    And imagine, if you look so good now, you're going to look really stunning when you reach your goal.

Well done! And thank you for posting your pictures. I was having a down day and needed some encouragement.
    Thank you so much! :') And it makes me so happy that my pictures could encourage you, feel free to friend me if you think you might ever need some extra encouragement, I'd be happy to help at any time!
  • Hopeful677
    Hopeful677 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Actually, i achieved that same goal for me too just yesterday :bigsmile: Feels great doesn't it?!
  • maeganhaha
    Options
    Congrats! Actually, i achieved that same goal for me too just yesterday :bigsmile: Feels great doesn't it?!

It really does! Congrats to you too!
  • Andrea_McQ
    Andrea_McQ Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Well done! Your start and goal weights are the same as mine, and I'm at around the same point you are at too so big coincidence there! I don't think I have starting pics, I did too good a job of avoiding those. Your work is paying off, keep it up :-)
  • karma3o3
    karma3o3 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    You look great! Congratulations!
  • Marie294
    Marie294 Posts: 304
    Options
    What an amazing difference! It's such an inspiration, I can't wait till I can see that much difference in myself :) Keep up all the hard work! :)
  • lluulluu
    lluulluu Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    You look great, I bet you feel amazing. Keep up the good work !
  • leelafit_mtl
    leelafit_mtl Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    You look very cute in this flower dress!! Congratz!!
  • carlymouritsen
    Options
    You look fantastic!

You have a very nice shape, keep up the great work :flowerforyou:
  • Brittypop
    Brittypop Posts: 67
    Options
    Inspiring!
  • MantraMommy
    Options
    Great work! I, too, eagerly anticipate the day that I can move from obese to overweight and from overweight tohanks a healthy weight :-) Thank you for the inspiration.
  • Kayley
    Kayley Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You looks really good.

Btw, you have GREAT legs. :smile:
  • ShirleyBMason
    Options
    I'm so glad you posted this it helps to encourage me to keep pressing towards my goals. I've lost 15lb so far and I've got 65lb to go. I need all the encouragement I can get because i still have a long way to go and I'm learning to celebrate the little successes along the way.
  • robinslikeworms
    robinslikeworms Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    You look awesome, and that dress is super cute :3
  • sgoldman328
    sgoldman328 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    You look incredible!! Congrats!!!!

http://collegecookingandironchefamerica.blogspot.com/
  • maeganhaha
    Options
    Thank you so much everyone! I really appreciate all of the encouraging comments. :') It makes me so happy that my pictures could help encourage others! Thank you thank you thank you!
  • love2cycle
    love2cycle Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    Nice! You look really good!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!