trying again

Options
:wink:
this is new for me (my finesspal.com). I have tried many other sites and this one is VERY good.
I am a 43 year old mother of 2 and since my last child losing weight has been VERY rough. I walk with my friends 3 or 4 days a week, but I need to control what I put in my mouth. The challenge is WHAT I have in the house now that I have kids. Snacks, drinks, cheese sticks, etc. Plus when they don't eat I feel like I have to finish it...
Can't wait to see my chart in 3 weeks. I Plan to get fit and lose big!
Good luck everyone.
Doreen

Replies

• Silver_Dream
    Silver_Dream Posts: 1,630 Member
    Options
    Good luck and welcome to the site it's great. I've lost 4 lbs since last monday!
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever!!!! You will love it here if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful, easy to use, and everyone here is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to wish you much success on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile:
  • Doreenpao
    Doreenpao Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    :smile: thank you for the encouragement. This is the BEST site I have been on and I have been on a lot! Good luck and you have lost a lot of weight. Good for you.
  • Doreenpao
    Options
    5 pounds is great... we joined about the same time. I will be weighing tomorrow. I started the week off good but yesterday was not good... I have to walk tonight! Good luck and keep on keeping on.
  • superstar13
    superstar13 Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Hi to the two that just started. I am also just starting and would like to get a group together so we can post under the support section. I noticed there are several large groups that have come together to motivate each other. I need all the motivation and support I can get. Do you want to start a group under that section for those of us who have just joined we will have to come up with a name. I am really not good at this but hope one of you wants to do it with me and knows how to set it up. Crossing my fingers:smile:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Hi. Welcome to MFP. :smile:

Having kids doesn't mean you have to have junk in the house. They're going to benefit just as much as you are from healthy eating...no one really needs cookies and all of that other unhealthy (delicious) stuff- including kids. I think it's so much more enjoyable if you have it as an occasional treat rather than an every day thing. You could even make it fun- maybe have a once a month junk food night with the kids. That way you all have something to look forward to. And, you definitely don't need to eat what they don't finish. I know it's hard to waste food, but putting it in the trash is much better than putting it on your hips. Either way, the food is gone, so you're not really doing anyone any good by eating it.

Good luck.
  • Doreenpao
    Options
    BrendaLee: VERY true on all points... I will be weighing in again this weekend and HOPE to have lost the pound I gained last week.... You are doing very well.
    Superstart13: I will motivate if you will! I need it. I have friends that walk together and weigh in together. Try and find someone you know who might want to do the same with you. It does help.
    Have a good weekend everyone!
    Doreen
    :smile:
  • LittleSpy
    LittleSpy Posts: 6,754 Member
    Options
    Hi to the two that just started. I am also just starting and would like to get a group together so we can post under the support section. I noticed there are several large groups that have come together to motivate each other. I need all the motivation and support I can get. Do you want to start a group under that section for those of us who have just joined we will have to come up with a name. I am really not good at this but hope one of you wants to do it with me and knows how to set it up. Crossing my fingers:smile:

I'd love to be part of a support group with weekly weigh-ins, especially with folks who have similar amounts of weight to lose! I see your goal is to lose 148# and mine is similar at 105. Of course, I'd like to be in a group with anyone, I just mean I'm better motivated by people who have just as much weight to lose as I do (or who had a similar goal loss in the beginning). If someone who weighs 150 & wants to lose 15 pounds is trying to motivate me, all I think is, man, 150 is like my ultimate goal weight, you know?
  • superstar13
    Options
    yeah I am so glad you all want to get a group togehter but I don't know how they set it up under the support and motivation section. So far I weigh in on sat. but I could change my day. It would be nice just to catch up with differeent people and just see how we are all doing and encourge each other on. We need a name so we can find our group and I guess a day so we know when to look out for it weekly. I really want to do it but need someone's help to get it going.
    Oh and maybe I did my chart wrong but sorry I am trying to lose 20 to get to 148 not that I have 148 lbs to lose so if you don't want to be in with me I understand so...
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options

I'd love to be part of a support group with weekly weigh-ins, especially with folks who have similar amounts of weight to lose! I see your goal is to lose 148# and mine is similar at 105. Of course, I'd like to be in a group with anyone, I just mean I'm better motivated by people who have just as much weight to lose as I do (or who had a similar goal loss in the beginning). If someone who weighs 150 & wants to lose 15 pounds is trying to motivate me, all I think is, man, 150 is like my ultimate goal weight, you know?
    I am in a group called "NEW ME" we are an awesome support group and we weigh in every wednesday and we have challenges .,.. check it out and join us ,,, the more the merrier
  • superstar13
    Options
    Thank you I will go and check it out how exciting
  • superstar13
    Options
    I am in a group called "NEW ME" we are an awesome support group and we weigh in every wednesday and we have challenges .,.. check it out and join us ,,, the more the merrier
    [/quote]
  • superstar13
    Options
    opps ok I can't find your group I went back like 15 pages does it say new me in the title section do you know what page you guys are on? if not I will look next wed.
  • ittybittybadonkadonk
    ittybittybadonkadonk Posts: 11,634 Member
    Options
    A New Me - Let's get started! - part 2

there ya go ... thats the name of the group
  • superstar13
    Options
    thanks I will look again!!:smile:
  • savvystephy
    savvystephy Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    A New Me - Let's get started! - part 2

there ya go ... thats the name of the group

Definitely come join us! :D Welcome to MFP! :)
  • Doreenpao
    Options
    I have to admit, I have not been REALLY trying. I had a wake up call yesterday. I went to give blood and my blood pressure was 158/90. Not good. I have been giving blood for MANY years and as of this past year I have had readings that are higher than normal. I am going to my DR next month. I am very serious NOW. I have been tracking my food and exercise and I went up a pound and now I am at 177 which still up, but now a much as I was.
    My friend got a diet from a DR and is following it. It is a high protien diet and if you were to follow it on WW it would be 24 points per day. I am starting that tomorrow. I have started the extra exercise and no alcohol as of last night. I need to get weight bearing exercise in because only walking is not working and I need to stick to the 1260 calories daily, which I have not been...
    Good luck all! We can do it and next week I will be a LOSER!