Decreased BFP...Yay?

Options
nuke0409
nuke0409 Posts: 31 Member
I have been going to the gym everyday of the week since about 3 to 3.5 weeks now. With the equipment at the gym for measuring body fat percentage (the one where you need to hold onto the bars after inputting your height, weight etc), I have seen that my body fat percentage has decreased from 28.6% to 24.9%. I don't know hwo accurate these are, however I just look at the difference between the measurements and feel good about it!

I should be happy, right?

Replies

• amanada11
    amanada11 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You should definitely be happy! Decreasing your BFP means you are getting healthier! Keep up the good work. :smile:
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    Awesome!
  • nuke0409
    Options
    Thanks! Yes, I do definitely see my stamina increasing exponentially every week but I was happy to look at my BFP dropping too...unfortunate part is my waist still measures the same 33 inches :( Looks like I am losing all the fat from my upper abdominal area!
  • niecyc23
    niecyc23 Posts: 402
    Options
    Yes you should feel good because anything positive is a great feeling
  • nuke0409
    Options
    Just checked my BFP today immediately after my workout. The machine says it is 22.5%!! I am beginning to question the readings now...did anyone here experience this sort of a BFP reduction in a day?
  • nuke0409
    Options
    bump
  • marriedwith
    marriedwith Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    If you use the machines you should always do it at the same time of day...your body takes on a lot of water during the day and this will change the reading...not an expert, but you could also be dehydrated after a work out.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!