Not sure how to add some of my workouts.

Options
I'm still new to this site and I am learning how to track then excercise. Sometimes I do the Leslie Sansone walk away the pounds. To be honest, when I'm done with 3 and 4 mile workout I'm sweating buckets! I just don't know how I would catagorize it. Any suggestions?

Replies

• sandicapped
    Options
    The best and easiest way is to wear a heart monitor that is accurate. That way, there is no guess work for whatever activity you choose.
  • zenchild
    zenchild Posts: 680 Member
    Options
    I finally gave in and got a heart rate monitor. I just started using my xbox to exercise (finally) and refused to believe that I was only burning 100 calories after an hour of sweating and gasping. I picked up a Polar FT4 on Sunday and found out that I'm not burning 100 calories in that hour of torture. I'm burning 400. I feel vindicated.
  • ShanR77
    ShanR77 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I use the same videos. I have one that states i walk 5mph. So go into exercise and type in walking 5mph. It will ask you for how long. Input the time.
  • TrishaB74
    TrishaB74 Posts: 43
    Options
    Thank you, I will do that! I will also look into the monitor because I agree when the machine (like the treadmill) tells me I'm burning 100 calories, yet I'm covered in sweat, I know there is a difference!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    when i do walk away the pounds, i log it as light aerobics, since its not JUST walking in place with all the other movements involved.