Want a DQ Girl Scout Cookie Blizzard?

Options
I bet you won't after reading this! I've been drooling over these commercials all summer and was gonna go get one today (even though I knew I shouldn't) so decided to research the nutritional info. Yea, I'll be sticking with my nonfat yogurt :wink:

Dairy Queen
Tagalong Girl Scout Cookie Blizzard - Small
Nutrition Facts
Serving Size 1 small (288g)

Amount Per Serving
Calories 570 :grumble:
Calories from Fat 230

% Daily Values*
Total Fat 25g 38%
Saturated Fat 12g 60%
Trans Fat 0.5g
Cholesterol 45mg 15%
Sodium 310mg 13%
Total Carbohydrate 72g 24%
Dietary Fiber 1g 4%
Sugars 56g :ohwell:
Protein 13g

Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 0%

Calcium 35% Iron 15%

Replies

• VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    I don't even like icecream very much but those darn commercials are very convincing... I looked up the nutritional info too, not worth it thats for sure! If you need something thats similar get frozen yogurt with something chocolate in it, its ok to do once and awhile :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    I'll make sure and avoid this now.
    Thanks

224 calories in sugar.
    225 calories in fat.

Where does the 13g of protein come from?

edit: I found out, it's the peanuts.

Seriously! When any "overweight, non informed about nutrition" person goes to DQ.

Does anybody really get the small?
    Mmmmmmm Can we say large.

1190 calories
    59g of fat
    102 g of sugar
  • zebras
    zebras Posts: 600
    Options
    Is it made with real Girl Scouts?
  • dclarsh
    dclarsh Posts: 364
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Gotta love a good Adams Family quote
  • ktrichards87
    Options
    I worked at DQ for 5 years, and I loved the job, but felt bad for people that came in there too. I saw people come up 2-3's per day getting a large blizzard each time. It is so unhealthy but they are so good too! Lol. I'm so thankful I didn't give into temptation last night and go get a DQ blizzard.
  • jdejre_k
    Options
    YIKES! :noway:

Thanks for the info!
  • jdejre_k
    Options

LOL!!! :laugh:
  • LJCannon
    LJCannon Posts: 3,636 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    Gotta love a good Adams Family quote

Is that what the little chunks are?
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options
    The Baskin Robbins Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shake has 1220 calories in 16 ounces! :noway: :noway: :noway:

But gosh what I wouldn't give to suck one of those down... :sad:
  • mszSHOGAN
    mszSHOGAN Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    The Baskin Robbins Reese's Peanut Butter Cup shake has 1220 calories in 16 ounces! :noway: :noway: :noway:

But gosh what I wouldn't give to suck one of those down... :sad:

I feel your pain! :grumble:
  • kroger7
    kroger7 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    maybe if you really cant stand it you can get a small (or baby blizzard, i know some places have those) and split it with a friend :laugh: still bad, but not assss bad lol. As for baskin robbins, I like making my own milkshakes at home, it really cuts the calories. You could get chocolate frozen yogurt, skim milk and just a little bit of peanut butter (or those 100 cal peanut butter cookie snack packs) and blend it. Not the same, but yummy nonetheless:happy:
  • BrendaLee
    BrendaLee Posts: 4,463 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who would work out for an hour just so I could have that if I wanted it? :tongue:
  • Leigh14
    Leigh14 Posts: 871 Member
    Options
    Thin mints.......... :love: :love: :love:

Thankfully I'm not too much of a blizzard fan... or any sweets for that matter... but, my bf loooooooves them! So, whenever he gets a tasty concoction, we have an agreement that I get the first bite. Mmmmm. :bigsmile:

I also bought Weight Watchers White Chocolate Peppermint Shake mix and it's really yummy when I have a craving for something minty and sweet! You could probably add some cocoa and voila! :drinker:
  • spicy618
    spicy618 Posts: 2,114 Member
    Options
    Am I the only one who would work out for an hour just so I could have that if I wanted it? :tongue:

I'm right with you Girlfriend!

I've gone rollerblading for 90 minutes (1000 calories burned) Just so I can have a.... SMALL Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard!!! Orgasmic!

I've done it twice since I joined MFP :embarassed: and I'll do it again :laugh: I love rollerblading though... it's not exercise to me.
  • mkwood10
    Options

I've gone rollerblading for 90 minutes (1000 calories burned) Just so I can have a.... SMALL Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard!!! Orgasmic!

I've done it twice since I joined MFP :embarassed: and I'll do it again :laugh: I love rollerblading though... it's not exercise to me.

You two are not the only ones who can't resist Dairy Queen once in a blue moon :wink: :wink: :tongue:
    A few weeks ago I HAD to have a Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard, so I bought a small one, but I put half into the freezer at work to save for another day.......made me feel less guilty for having one!!:laugh: :laugh:

I've also worked out extra after indulging :laugh: :laugh: Life is too short NOT to have ice cream once in awhile!!!
  • aallen440
    Options

You two are not the only ones who can't resist Dairy Queen once in a blue moon :wink: :wink: :tongue:
    A few weeks ago I HAD to have a Strawberry CheeseQuake Blizzard, so I bought a small one, but I put half into the freezer at work to save for another day.......made me feel less guilty for having one!!:laugh: :laugh:

I've also worked out extra after indulging :laugh: :laugh: Life is too short NOT to have ice cream once in awhile!!!

Count me in!!! That is a great way for me to be motivated sometimes to work out. I just keep thinking about the taste and I am willing to keep on movin! LOL
  • chrissey
    chrissey Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I'm With Brenda...

I have a small one every other Sunday night as a treat..I just make sure that I have saved enough calories for it...or I make sure I work the calories off...I have tried to make my own at home with frozen yogurt..but it isn't the same as DQ
  • mrd232
    mrd232 Posts: 331
    Options
    I had one of these a while ago and it just tasted waxy. Ugh. Not even good.

If I'm going to treat myself, I'm taking my wallet over to Coldstone for a dish of dark chocolate ice cream with almonds :love:
  • jwilli
    Options
    you could try this as a substitute. not the same I know but its still delicious and only 150 calories.

2 Andes - Creme De Menthe Thins candy, 50 cals
    1 Jello Sugar Free Pudding Cup - Chocolate Mint Fudge 60 cals
    2 tbsp Cool Whip - Lite (Can), 15 cals
    1 Graham cracker 30 cals

crush up the graham cracker and creme de menthe and sprinkle over the pudding, hit it with the reddi-whip, enjoy!
  • iRun4wine
    iRun4wine Posts: 5,126
    Options

No you're not alone... but I'm afraid it would take far more than an hour of working out. Even running on hills, I only burn about 600 calories in an entire hour. So, if I wanted the Reese's it would be a 2 hour run... :noway: :sick: :embarassed: :frown: