Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

NEW GIRL!!

:flowerforyou:

Hi everyone! I just created an account this morning and I am super excited to get started. I am a southern cook....lots of butter, fat, and LOVE make the best meals, right? NO! Not anymore!! I am ready to learn how to cook with healthy choices, eat healthy foods, and teach my kids to follow the healthy path. I will need LOTS of encouragment so PLEASE help!! Thank You!!

April

Replies

• Teapotdomescam
    Teapotdomescam Posts: 156 Member
    Awesome that you're making the choice to live a healthy lifestyle! Might as well start now and hey, healthy food can be just as delicious! I wish you the best of luck in your journey. Sounds like you've got the right attitude, you're already off to a great start. I'm here for motivation and support if you wanna add me. Always looking to make new friends myself :)
  • kimrichj
    kimrichj Posts: 8 Member
    Hi April,

Welcome to MFP! You're going to love it. As far as changing your cooking habits I suggest you check out www.skinnytaste.com, it's a food blog with wonderful recipes and no artificial foodstuff. One of the best parts is if you search MFP's food database you will find most of her recipes. I usually just enter a search like ..."gina's chicken enchiladas" and you'll see the items populate, then just check the calories etc against the recipe. You can even receive emails when she posts new recipes. I just love her ideas and so does my family, husband and kids! Cooking Light has a bunch of their meals on MFP too.

Best of luck to you,

KIm
  • Chocolatewoman
    Chocolatewoman Posts: 91 Member
    Howdy and welcome!

I was born and raised in the South and know all about the delicious foods. I still partake in chopped BBQ and mac and cheese every now and then. I refuse to give it up completely. I say...all things in moderation.

Rock on!
  • royalty_mind_1me
    royalty_mind_1me Posts: 278 Member
    welcome dear MFP, this site has so many things to help and encourage those seeking weight goals. you have found thee best and you will meet great people here too. I love it, but know that tracking your food and exercise is very important, if you want to see results. also stay off the scale, but set a date like I recently did or you might be disappointed.