Anyone use a Big Green Egg? Makes killer meats

Options
fiveohmike
fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
Just seeing if there are any other people here who use a Big Green Egg (http://www.biggreenegg.com/).

I use mine almost on a daily basis and have some killer recipes that are healthy and tasty! What I cooked, with a hickory backing tonight was:

8 oz (4oz beef, 4oz turkey) ground, made into hamburger patties. I then stuffed them with Pesto, Mozzarella and turkey bacon bits. Slapped them on the smoker for 20 minutes, added a very thin layer of raspberry jam, mixed with olive oil. Caramelized that on the outside. Wrapped them in Romaine lettuce hearts.

Had them with a side of steamed broccoli and steamed carrots.

Man they were tasty.

360 calories, 19g fat, 44g protein.

So, back to the question anyone use a green egg?

PS. If your a big chicken eater, they will come off better than any chicken you have ever tasted :p

Replies

• JPDad
    JPDad Posts: 147
    Options
    Yep Egg-Head here. Competed in my first BBQ "Open" competition last fall. Have both the Large and Small versions, and take the small one camping with me. Tried smoking cheese, fish, tofu, brisket, ribs etc in it already and have had mine for about 4 years now.
  • tjkramer
    tjkramer Posts: 16
    Options
    Don't have one (yet), but love eating food from it. My brother has one and has made all kinds of stuff on it. The best was meatloaf.
  • Spokez70
    Spokez70 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    I have been seriously thinking about getting one for a while now. We have been eating a lot healthier as a family these days and cooking at home as opposed to eating out- so probably a good investment at this point.
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options
    Just cooked some chicken on it. No spices, nothing. Just chicken breast, and some cherry smoke.....so tasty!