Hey All !!! =o)

Options
Hi I'm new here and I'm really focused on being really healthy. I beat anorexia about 2 years ago and now am fighting bulimia. I want to be healthy and lose weight and tone the healthy way. I love working out and I get to the gym five days a week. On the two days I don't have classes I attend I want to try and get some cardio in or some strength training in. Oh by the way My name is Amber haha. I am graduating from Cook College - Rutgers University with a Bachelors of Science in Microbial Biotechnology and a minor in Biochemistry. Next year I start my first year of five as a graduate student at UMDNJ - Rutgers U Molecular Bioscience and I anticipate joining the Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Program but I've heard that it could change. I currently am doing research with Lysobacter and figuring out it's Type VI secretion system that it uses for pathogenicity. Well if you wanna chat or be eachother's motivation let me know! Bye!:smile:

Replies

• agjensen
    agjensen Posts: 3
    Options
    Hi I'm new here and I'm really focused on being really healthy. I beat anorexia about 2 years ago and now am fighting bulimia. I want to be healthy and lose weight and tone the healthy way. I love working out and I get to the gym five days a week. On the two days I don't have classes I attend I want to try and get some cardio in or some strength training in. Oh by the way My name is Amber haha. I am graduating from Cook College - Rutgers University with a Bachelors of Science in Microbial Biotechnology and a minor in Biochemistry. Next year I start my first year of five as a graduate student at UMDNJ - Rutgers U Molecular Bioscience and I anticipate joining the Microbiology and Molecular Genetics Program but I've heard that it could change. I currently am doing research with Lysobacter and figuring out it's Type VI secretion system that it uses for pathogenicity. Well if you wanna chat or be eachother's motivation let me know! Bye!:smile:
  • abbychelle07
    abbychelle07 Posts: 656 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I hope you have the strength right now to keep you from bulimia. We are all very supportive here. :flowerforyou:
  • icandoit
    icandoit Posts: 4,163 Member
    Options
    Welcome Amber:flowerforyou:
    Congrats on beating anorexia and best of luck on beating bulimia. Congrats on your upcoming grad and you entering grad school. You sound like you will be very busy.
    You have come to a wonderful place with more support than you can imagine. People here are fantastic. There is always someone here to help. Arms are always open.
    Much luck on your new venture:drinker:
  • brittanymt19
    brittanymt19 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    :smile: welcome the easy part was taking the first step the hard part is getting healthy but u have my support.
  • NoDonut
    NoDonut Posts: 6
    Options
    Welcome!
    I went to Rutgers too!
    :smile:
    I am new here myself but so far it seems like a great place for me to start over !