Finding it hard to find high calorie foods....

Options
I logged all my food today. This was the first official day of my journey. I am supposed to eat 1800 calories a day and I ate a lot but ended up at 1100. I am also very low on fat as well. I am over my sodium for today and my protein. It seems like when you eat healthier, it is harder to eat the calories. Not sure what to do or how to balance my meals better.

Replies

• Ready2Rock206
    Ready2Rock206 Posts: 9,488 Member
    Options
    Nuts, peanut butter, avocados - all higher calorie and good fats.
  • underthecherrytree
    underthecherrytree Posts: 532 Member
    Options

Thanks!
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Fats aren't all bad, so eat the normal fat products instead of the diet/reduced fat. It'll probably help keep your sodium down too.

Nuts are good mmmkay. Peanut butter is a quick calorie boost. Bananas too.
  • jjelizalde
    jjelizalde Posts: 377 Member
    Options

I like to have a glass of skim milk with my nuts, peanut butter and avocados when I have extra calories.
  • splucy
    splucy Posts: 353
    Options
    Ready beat me to it... but yes! Get some good healthy fats in you! Nuts are delicious and so good for your hair and skin :)
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    olive oil is another option as well
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Not sure what your eating but I eat 'healthy' and I easily make 2000. Nuts, cottage cheese, greek yogurt, lots of veggies, whole wheat bread, nut butters, homemade protein bars. Heck, bump up portions like on stuff like oatmeal. I'll have 3/4 to a cup sometimes and top it with berries, pb, nuts, etc. I have never understood how people have trouble getting above even 1200. I have a hard time not going over my 2100.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    When I need to add calories.. I eat avocados, peanut butter, almond butter, greek yogurt with granola...so many good things to eat that are actually good for you to eat... all of this from a self proclaimed food addict!
  • Marge321
    Marge321 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Protein smoothies! Good way to add calories and it fuel up your body. I put a cup of frozen fruits and milk with the powder.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Options
    I was under today, so I smothered a banana in some peanut butter. I'm not going to lie....it was a mouthgasm.
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    Does it matter what peanut butter like a special one thats got no additives or something or is any peanut butter ok? what about sushi?
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I love eating some sliced apples with heaps of cinnamon sprinkled over them cinnamon is apparently good for lowering blood sugar and cholesterol and apples can get your calories up a little bit
  • AZMOM875
    AZMOM875 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Yes, I agree, get some decent nuts, more natural nut butters, They pack some calories and some good fats. I forgot about the avocados. I love those. I like the greek yogurts, because they are highter in protein. You can get zero fat greek yogurts too.
  • zen_mama
    zen_mama Posts: 51
    Options
    When it comes to peanut butter, I always keep it as natural as possible. I only eat Adams organic natural peanut butter with nothing added, not even salt. That or I grind it fresh at the grocery store. If i'm gonna eat the fat, I'd much rather it be all from the nuts rather than hydrogenated vegetable oil that is added to most peanut butter brands.
  • zellagrrl
    zellagrrl Posts: 439
    Options
    I like Adams, but Trader Joe's organic is also delish (and way cheaper).