Need a smoothie recipe containing spinach and kiwi

mommy2ans
mommy2ans Posts: 93 Member
But that taste nothing like them :) My skin is very blotchy, and wrinkly. I read kiwi produces collagen, and spinach can also help with your skin. So i want to start drinking a smoothie every morning that will give me noticeably better skin and something i can keep up with daily.

Any smoothie recipes are welcome....if you can provide the health benefit so i know which is best for me that would be great :)

Replies

• This is one of my favorite ones, although it sounds a little strange and you have to get over drinking something green! In a blender put the juice of a lemon, juice & some of the pulp of a pink grapefruit, 1/2 cucumber (w/skin), 1/4 to 1/2 avocado, couple tbls low fat silken tofu, few fresh mint leaves, and 1-2 packets stevia or equal. Blend it until smooth. It came from a PH balanced recipe book so good for you. Refreshing and filling with the avocado and tofu. I usually stick with 1/4 avocado when I am trying to lose weight.
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Bump! For some reason I have never thought of using kiwi!
  • mommy2ans

Is the peanut butter strong in this? I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. Would there be a good substitute?
  • mommy2ans
    Bump for answer to the above question :)

• Is the peanut butter strong in this? I'm not a huge peanut butter fan. Would there be a good substitute?
    Personally I don't think it's strong, but if you're not a fan of the taste you might not like it.
    You could use another nut butter (almond, cashew etc) or you could use some coconut oil, some honey or just use more banana!
  • Ange_
    Ange_ Posts: 324 Member
    1 cup spinach
    2 kiwis with skin removed
    1 mango or 1 banana
    1 cup water
    ice
    few fresh mint leaves
    1 scoop protein powder (optional)

If you don't think it is sweet enough you can use orange juice instead of the water.
  • MelKut
    MelKut Posts: 167 Member
    I just throw in whatever I have :tongue:

So take your blender, throw in the kiwi and a bunch of spinach, then, add liquid (water or juice so something lighter, milk for a creamier flavor)... then add a sweetener (whatever you want, sugar, honey, agave, splenda, stevia). I usually add extra liquid and a bunch of ice so it really fills me up though.

To make a heartier smoothie, I even put in like 2-4 tbsp of oatmeal (it grinds right up), protein powder, or cottage cheese or yogurt, even ground flaxseed :smile: Work with the ratios until you create a smoothie that works for you. And you can always add other fruits or vegetables depending on your tastes.
  • Here's my typical breakfast smoothie:

1 banana
    1/2 cup to 1 cup other fruit (usually a frozen mix, or mangos, pineapples etc)
    1 cup liquid (usually 1/2 cup milk or almond milk and 1/2 cup water)
    1-2 tbsp hemp hearts or flax seed or peanut butter (makes the smoothie much more filling)
    1-2 cups of greens ie. kale, spinach, romaine

And sometimes, depending on the fruits, I add 1-2 tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder. I think if you did spinach, kiwis, banana and cocoa powder it would be delicious!! (I might even have to try it)