6lbs off in my first week

Options
Hi everyone,

If you're just joining and are not convinced, I joined last week and i've lost 6lbs in my first week, simply by staying within my calories and logging in here to log my diary and from the support of other members.

We can do it. Feel free to add me xxx

Replies

• supernewyorkgirl10
    Options
    That is amazing! Well done! :)
  • christinerush
    Options
    Excellent result! Well done! I am under all the time and never go over on my fat but dont lose much. I also get lots of exercise, but thinking its my age and my metabolism has slowed down! So much harder to get it off than it was 3 years ago! Im going to add you!
  • lalapurple62
    Options
    Well done, this is my first week as well, got told about the site by my cousins, i love it so far, lots of support and lots of information. Although all the info and support count for nothing if you are not motiviated, you must have had the 'eye of the tiger' this week , well done keep it up
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    Options
    congrats on your weight loss! keep up the good work!
  • teresaturnbull1976
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm the fussiest and plainest eater ever, lol, so i always find dieting really hard, but i'm loving this site, i can eat what i normally eat, just watching my portion sizes and calories. Starting the gym next week, can't wait x
  • SJScobie
    SJScobie Posts: 63
    Options
    Well done T, fantastic result for youre first week....so proud of you! XxX
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Its amazing isn;t it. The act of logging it as you go makes you plan and think ahead

2 weeks in, 10pounds down.
  • markmeus
    markmeus Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Thats great :) I'm only on day 2, can't wait to weigh myself next week
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Thats great :) I'm only on day 2, can't wait to weigh myself next week

Best of luck
  • Autumn1976
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Autumn1976
    Options
    Its amazing isn;t it. The act of logging it as you go makes you plan and think ahead

2 weeks in, 10pounds down.

Great job!!
  • thebigcb
    Options
    Great job!!

THanks
  • kimmers1027
    kimmers1027 Posts: 122
    Options
    That is awesome.. Mine is coming off soooooo slow. I started my diet 3 weeks ago and been on MFP for a week and a half and have only lost 3 pounds.. Way to go !!!
  • thebigcb
    Options
    great stuff, well done
  • NNAhuja
    NNAhuja Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!!
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Great job!! That's awesome!!
  • casperuk
    casperuk Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I agree with the OP.

Been doing it a month and 19 down, 101 to go :)

Its fantastic and so simple, just eat no more than it says and you WILL lose weight even if you stay in bad all day. Not that I have but you know what I mean :)
  • goldenpawz99
    Options
    That is awesome.. Mine is coming off soooooo slow. I started my diet 3 weeks ago and been on MFP for a week and a half and have only lost 3 pounds.. Way to go !!!

I'm with you! It 's been pretty slow so far. Three weeks and 3 lbs. down. But hey, just shows me that it's a long process and my weight gain wasn't built in a day :smile:

Congrats to an awesome weight loss of 6lbs !!! we are here to cheer each other on!
  • mommy4ndbandtj
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm the fussiest and plainest eater ever, lol, so i always find dieting really hard, but i'm loving this site, i can eat what i normally eat, just watching my portion sizes and calories. Starting the gym next week, can't wait x

Start reasonable with the gym. It will aide your weight in coming off, but you also do not want to hurt anything or be super sore that you stop. If you are sore (which you should be a little bit) warm up properly and continue with motions even without the weight. It will help ease the soreness and you will still be working out the muscles. Then next time if you are still sore, add some of the weight back on. Remember it is a process not an over night miracle :)

Good job so far
  • mommy4ndbandtj
    Options

Sometimes weight loss does not come in pounds but in inches. I weigh five pounds more now than when I started my weight loss. Once I added working out to my fitness schedule, my waist and hips have shrunk but because I am turning the fat into muscle I weigh more. I celebrate my inches lost instead of my weight!