your opinion on a lady making the first move?

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
so the dealio is i just want to know you guys' opinion on ladies making the first move? is it okay for me to text a guy asking him to come catch a coffee?

there is a guy i really like and he has shown signs that he likes me as well (always catch him staring at me, giving me hugs, "accidentally" brushing against me, he will always end up in my group at school and when we went to town and after i dropped everyone off he asked to just cruise around for a bit)

Replies

• creature275
    creature275 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    yes, easy take down, hit him up
  • RAF_Guy
    RAF_Guy Posts: 230 Member
    Options
    Definately, a lot of guys are to shy to make the move themselves.
  • Jade17694
    Jade17694 Posts: 584 Member
    Options
    I'm not a guy but im commenting anyway.... go for it girly :) there isn't enough time for ''what if's'' you'll always wonder what could have been other wise. Good luck :)
  • MellowGa
    MellowGa Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    if you like him make the move, I can't tell you how many girls I had crushes on back in the day and never did anything, to only find out they were waiting for me to make the first move.

Sometimes us guys, well we are just stupid...lol
  • joehempel
    joehempel Posts: 1,761 Member
    Options
    I love it if the lady makes the first move....regardless of how far into the relationship you are, there is nothing like a woman taking control every now and then...shows confidence, and lets him know what you want, and that you are definitely interested or still attracted if you've been in the relationship for a while.
  • Kath_21
    Kath_21 Posts: 19
    Options
    Go for it! What's the worst that could happen?
  • Carl01
    Carl01 Posts: 9,370 Member
    Options
    Do it! :drinker:
  • GoalSixPack
    Options
    Yes, My wife was the first to call and ask me out. That was 5 years ago. Go for it! Good luck!
  • staps065
    staps065 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Do it! Invite him out, get to know him and initiate the first kiss.
  • Railr0aderTony
    Railr0aderTony Posts: 6,803 Member
    Options
    less work for him, he will like it. A guys greatest fear is rejection, you would eliminate that.
  • BeautyFromPain
    BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
    Options
    Also,
    is asking through text okay or should I wait til I see him next?
  • thebigcb
    thebigcb Posts: 2,210 Member
    Options
    Hell yeah, go for it, what have you got to lose?
  • JanetLM73
    JanetLM73 Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Do it! Guys like when women make the first move!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Go for it!

I initiated the relationship with my boyfriend. :) We've been together for nearly 3 years. I think most guys like when a woman makes the first moves. It seems like - as a rule - society expects the men to always do it. I say, if you want it... GO FOR IT!
  • marcoscu
    marcoscu Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Just go for it!
  • Minnie92x
    Minnie92x Posts: 107
    Options
    I met my boyfriend in a bar, Drunkenly stumbled over to him.. chatted him up then took his mobile and put my number in it. :drinker:
  • RoboLikes
    RoboLikes Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    Of course, go for it!!
  • zooblflot
    zooblflot Posts: 131
    Options
    Do it! Guys like when women make the first move!

True!
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    i was always shy, i always had girls approach me in school
    don't ask in text though
  • knitfastpurlyoung
    knitfastpurlyoung Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Yes, just go for it. It's not a big deal at all.

The way I see it, there aren't many guys that float my boat, so logically, not every guy I come into contact with is going to fall at my feet and proclaim me their Aphrodite. We're not all on an objective rating system, its about compatibility and its entirely subjective. What works for one person, isn't going to be appealing to the next.

Once you wrap your head around that, you lower the stakes, and "asking out" gentlemen becomes a lot easier...