Food/diet ideas please!!!!

Options
Hi all,

So i need to lose my final 14-18 pounds and i am struggling. I think it is because i am over-analysing food/calories/diets and worrying about it all too much and i think i am getting bored of my food choices.

So can anyone please post me an average good day on their diet including bfast, lunch, dinner & snacks? Or give me some good ideas in general?

Also is eating clean the best way?? i used to do weight watchers but eat a lot of processed stuff...i still did lose weight but i have been trying to eat cleaner & think of this as a way of living instead of a diet.

I think i just need to stop worrying about calories, BMR, TDEE as i am just getting confused and miserable with it all!

Where i eat 5 or 6 small meals a day i sometimes think i THINK about food way too much. Would it be best to have 3 bigger meals and either NOT snack or snack on only fruit or protein shakes? arhhh

Sorry about the rant xxx and thanks in advance for any help/support xxx

Replies

• willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I understand what you mean and it is sometimes hard to eat 6 meals a day. Yes it is important to eat clean, but you cant expect to eat clean all the time. Just try to eat clean about 70-80% of the time and your set.

In the end your body is your body. A calculator can give you a rough estimate on what your body needs, but at the end of the day, only you can figure it out. For example, I am eating 2700 calories a day, however I am not getting any bigger even though my maintenance is 2500 calories.

A breakie I often eat consists of 2 eggs omelette cooked with a can of tuna (DRAIN it first trust me), 2 wholewheat toast with cottage cheese as a spread (replacement of butter) So its like a tuna/egg sandwich with cottage cheese. Occasionally i sneak in a slice of light coon cheese in my eggs and tuna omelette :D

This is the bit that people go crazy on (the dieting) that I just dont understand. I think of food as fuel for the body, nutrients that my body needs t keep functioning. I eat foods that have the right nutrients for the body. A few days ago I had margharitta pizza and marinara spaghetti with one of my girl- friends. Now before people go spastic and go omg you ate pizza and pasta, I will say they are rich in protein/carb/fats/fibre etc which my body needs as fuel AND I did not go over my daily macros for protein/fat/carbs. In OTHER WORDS, you do NOT have to give up on anything as long as they have nutritional value and they meet your daily macros. This means you CAN eat pizza, you CAN eat pasta, you CAN eat all those goodies that people say no to because they are often seen as bad for you. Of course there are exceptions to this, eg: sweets/chocolates/savoury snacks like chips (no nutritional value and not filling, so your just wasting away valuable daily macros to which you can use up eating something like PIZZA).
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options
    Thank you hun! much appreciated - very good advice! xxx

Bump for further responses xxx
  • kindra3434
    kindra3434 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    EAT CLEAN and the weight will come off.
  • Maldivesbeachbodplease
    Options

Thank you :) can you give me an example of your daily menu eating clean please hun? thank youuuu :) xxx
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    I suppose it's got to do with small changes, like start using olive oil for cooking, use REaL butter or one better avocado as your spread of toast.

I like to have 3-5 veggies in my dinner and about 2 at lunch. Swap full cream milk to skim or almond milk, whole grain breads NOT wholemeal.

Really lean meats, I tried cooking turkey for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised,

I'm a sweet tooth so I try to stick to raw sugar and honey for my sweeteners and fruit, and I'm really loving dark chocolate when I do have a chocolate craving.

Don't get me wrong, I still have some processed foods here and there but by the time I add it to my diary and see how many calories are in it, it's really not worth it.

I have found if I really want it, I'll try and make it from scratch. This way I can tweak the recipe to make it healthier, my urges are fulfilled and because it takes so much effort to make, I stick with just wanting a fruit and salad.

BEANS, they are great for you, filling and not fattening!!

Don't forget you can also make warm salads with chicken and warm veggies bit of soy sauce or peanut butter. There is ENDLeSS things you can do! if you want mail me basic ingredients you use and I can give you some ideas. I love being creative in the kitchen and I get an extra kick when I can make them healthier.
  • LosingFat4Gd
    Options
    whole grain breads NOT wholemeal.

Can I ask you why? I thought Ive been doing good by eating wholemeal?
  • willyzification
    willyzification Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    whole grain breads NOT wholemeal.

Can I ask you why? I thought Ive been doing good by eating wholemeal?

I highly disagree with whole grain over wholemeal

Wholegrain foods contain all the components of the grain- the bran, germ and endosperm. The grains may be whole, cracked or milled.

Wholemeal : Wholegrains that have been milled to a finer texture rather than leaving the grain intact become wholemeal. Wholemeal contains all the components of the grain, therefore wholemeal foods are also wholegrain.
  • kindra3434
    Options

Thank you :) can you give me an example of your daily menu eating clean please hun? thank youuuu :) xxx

My diary is open....but the last couple of weeks have been pretty repetitive due to lack of funds for shopping. If I were you I would research clean eating, rule of thumb:

1. If the product is processed, stay away
    2. If it has more than 6 ingredients and if you can't pronounce them ,stay away.
    3. If its a meal in a box, Stay far away.
    4. Shop on the outer isles of the supermarket
    5. Definitely stay away from these added ingredients, nitrites, bht, bha, monosodium glucomidate ( sic), artificial dyes, high fructose corn syrup, artificial sweeteners, hydrogenated oils, there are more but I can't think of them off the top of my head. Basically stick to whole foods 70-80% of the time.

And one last thing buy ORGANIC.
  • kindra3434
    Options
    I suppose it's got to do with small changes, like start using olive oil for cooking, use REaL butter or one better avocado as your spread of toast.

I like to have 3-5 veggies in my dinner and about 2 at lunch. Swap full cream milk to skim or almond milk, whole grain breads NOT wholemeal.

Really lean meats, I tried cooking turkey for the first time today and was pleasantly surprised,

I'm a sweet tooth so I try to stick to raw sugar and honey for my sweeteners and fruit, and I'm really loving dark chocolate when I do have a chocolate craving.

Don't get me wrong, I still have some processed foods here and there but by the time I add it to my diary and see how many calories are in it, it's really not worth it.

I have found if I really want it, I'll try and make it from scratch. This way I can tweak the recipe to make it healthier, my urges are fulfilled and because it takes so much effort to make, I stick with just wanting a fruit and salad.

BEANS, they are great for you, filling and not fattening!!

Don't forget you can also make warm salads with chicken and warm veggies bit of soy sauce or peanut butter. There is ENDLeSS things you can do! if you want mail me basic ingredients you use and I can give you some ideas. I love being creative in the kitchen and I get an extra kick when I can make them healthier.

^^^^ that too, a homemade cookie is 100 times better for you than processed boxed junk. Use unbleached flour if you don't like whole wheat.