Plateau after only 6 lbs

Options
For those of you who have been on here for some time and have lost a good amount of weight, how often did you plateau? How long did it last and what did you do to start the progress again? This coming week I will reach my 1 month on this program and my weight came off fast in the first 2 weeks and now it seems to stay the same of over a week now. I am logging everything and eating my exercise calories back and all etc......Any thoughts?

Replies

• Cdcaldwe
    Cdcaldwe Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    A hit a plateau from December to February. Exercising and eating healthy. It was disheartening but I knew I was in a better place. Since the weather has got better and I have got into running the pounds have started shedding again. Try to change up your exercise.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Started April 1. Lost 10lbs very quickly. Plateaued at 167lbs for MONTHS (and I do mean MONTHS). When I upped my calories, I went from 167lbs to 150lbs in like 5 weeks. (So, I plateaued from probably early/mid May until late July).
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    a week is not a plateau. Have a little patience. :-)
  • sweetsarahj
    sweetsarahj Posts: 701 Member
    Options

^^^ this
  • smiggy99
    smiggy99 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Review everything you are doing, go back to what you chnaged in the beginning. Maybe you need a change to your routine/exercise, your body gets used to it, so you need to change the time, type or intensity of exercise. :smile:
  • bridgie101
    bridgie101 Posts: 817 Member
    Options
    For those of you who have been on here for some time and have lost a good amount of weight, how often did you plateau? How long did it last and what did you do to start the progress again? This coming week I will reach my 1 month on this program and my weight came off fast in the first 2 weeks and now it seems to stay the same of over a week now. I am logging everything and eating my exercise calories back and all etc......Any thoughts?

I've done the same thing.

Except I've been on and off the diet. Heh. I think if I raise my daily calorie quota this on again, off again factor may reduce which will mean i'm more likely to lose. Giving the original diet one more week and then I'll raise my levels. Been the same weight for three weeks now.
  • JenAiMarres
    JenAiMarres Posts: 767 Member
    Options

:wink:

You have not hit a plateau .... Good luck... Keep doing what u have done to loose the 6 lbs.. And you will be fine!
  • MrsSWW
    MrsSWW Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options

^^^ this

And again, ^^^ this!
  • o_delaisse
    o_delaisse Posts: 193 Member
    Options

^^^ this

And again, ^^^ this!

Yep, ^^^ that :) I can go for 3 weeks easily without losing weight, then for a few days it goes down fast, then another 3 weeks of nothing.
  • ktfunkhouser
    ktfunkhouser Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Yea I am impatient. I am just worried I am doing something wrong. It helps to know that others go weeks without losing as well.