Cheat meal within calorie limit?

Doll483
Doll483 Posts: 21 Member
I've been wondering. Will it affect my weight loss if I eat a bag of chips or some fries once or twice a week, WITHOUT going over my calorie limit because of it? All my other main meals would be healthy and give me the needed nutrition.

Replies

• dotido
    dotido Posts: 49
    *putting hands under chin*

I would like to know the answer to this too!

*patiently waiting for an answer*
  • shmunster
    shmunster Posts: 538 Member
    If you are under your cals it wont affect your weight loss

Everything is ok in moderation
  • Kath_21
    Kath_21 Posts: 19
    When I eat something bad it doesn't always affect my weight loss, as long as I haven't gone over my calories by eating it.
    Just make sure it's within your daily calorie, carbs, fat, salt, sugar levels or whatever you keep track of :)
  • nml2011
    nml2011 Posts: 156 Member
    Depends how big the bag is ;-)

In all seriousness one or two bags a week is not really an issue;

If you eat them post workout or the evening before a morning workout then all the better!
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    If I'm under my calories, I don't even count it as a cheat day. Sure, it's better for you overall to eat healthier things, but a calorie is a calorie. Indulge occasionally! It makes it easier to stick with it long term.

I give myself a full on, over my calories, cheat day a couple of times a month. It seems to break plateaus and bump my metabolism.
  • Pookylou
    Pookylou Posts: 988 Member
    I still each crisps, chocolate, pizza etc, I just make sure it fits in my calorie goals for the day/week, still steadily losing!
  • i eat fish n chips, chinese, chocolate, crisps, everything that i love, but not often about once a week to once a fortnight, if i didnt id crack up lol, i love my junk food, but ive cut down on it loads, and ive lost 32 lb so far this year. hope that helps ,
  • madamepsychosis
    madamepsychosis Posts: 472 Member
    If it's within your calorie allowance, no it won't affect your weight loss. The only thing to be careful of is that often 'bad' foods can have a lot of sodium in them, so make sure you're still drinking enough water, as high-sodium foods can make you retain water. I still eat crisps, chocolate, pizza and so on and I'm losing weight.
  • mrseelmerfudd
    mrseelmerfudd Posts: 506 Member
    no, once in a while is ok, and shouldnt effect your weight loss. for example last night after football training i had a net of -22 cals, so i treated myself to a kebab to help bulk up my numbers, and i was still under my calories. though try not to make a regular thing out of it, i would find it hard to stop then lol
  • Doll483
    Doll483 Posts: 21 Member
    I still each crisps, chocolate, pizza etc, I just make sure it fits in my calorie goals for the day/week, still steadily losing!

How often do you eat that kind of stuff though?
  • AngelAura777
    AngelAura777 Posts: 225 Member
    If anyone feels like pizza you should make your own on wholemeal lebanese bread with fresh ingredients then you can have your pizza and eat it too! just dont overdo the cheese!
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    <--- Has always and will always eat what she wants, when she wants it... simply in moderation.
  • Meggles63
    Meggles63 Posts: 916 Member
    If it's within your calorie limit, it's not a cheat meal :tongue:
  • 2Bgoddess
    2Bgoddess Posts: 1,096 Member
    If it's within your calorie allowance, no it won't affect your weight loss. The only thing to be careful of is that often 'bad' foods can have a lot of sodium in them, so make sure you're still drinking enough water, as high-sodium foods can make you retain water. I still eat crisps, chocolate, pizza and so on and I'm losing weight.

Yep. The sodium in those bad foods make me retain a fair bit of water. I also have to use a lot of willpower if i have a little bit of bad stuff, for me, it's like a gateway food! Once ya start, hard to reign it in!
  • EmilyDuby
    EmilyDuby Posts: 67
    I have pizza all the time and as long as it fits into my calorie goals I don't sweat it.
  • tami101
    tami101 Posts: 617 Member
    Yes, you can eat whatever you want in moderation. For me personally, I can't do chips very often because I tend to not stop. But chocolate, pizza, hamburgers and fries I can eat on occasion and not have problems. Eating foods that you enjoy should not be followed by feelings of guilt. We just have to learn how to eat them less. =)
  • I don't only worry about the calories, I also worry about the carbs too... as long as you are still within your limits on both calories and carbs your weight loss for the week, SHOULD NOT be affected. :-)
  • That depends...does having something like that set you up for a binge? For me? Oh, yeah. It is better for me to just avoid all of my "trigger foods". Even if I'm under calorie levels. Cheat days are fine just in moderation. IF you can do that, that is the question.:glasses:
  • It's not a cheat if it's within your calories :o/ That's just called life!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member

^^^^ This