question for the lads

Options
BeautyFromPain
BeautyFromPain Posts: 4,952 Member
a friend and i have been getting closer and i've been developing strong feelings for him, fair sure he likes me too.
i wanna ask him to go out with me for a coffee.

is texting okay or should i do it face to face?

Replies

• jcmk87
    jcmk87 Posts: 57
    Options
    Either call or do it face to face...
  • Toddrific
    Toddrific Posts: 1,114 Member
    Options
    Err he is your friend, do whatever you normally do =P
    Good luck
  • Aemely
    Aemely Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    If you communicate via text regularly, I think it's OK to text. If not, communicate how you do regularly. :smile:
  • cramernh
    cramernh Posts: 3,335 Member
    Options
    a friend and i have been getting closer and i've been developing strong feelings for him, fair sure he likes me too.
    i wanna ask him to go out with me for a coffee.

is texting okay or should i do it face to face?

If you are true to yourself and real about this, then dont text, be real about it and say it to his face.... that means more than some text.
  • DantheMan2517
    DantheMan2517 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    You can rent billboard space that he'll see while driving on his daily route to work or whatever. Make a real splash.
  • sktllmdrhmz
    sktllmdrhmz Posts: 2,073 Member
    Options
    If you text with him, text him. It's just coffee; you're not proposing.
  • Slendermike
    Slendermike Posts: 1,776 Member
    Options
    face to face
  • Dauntlessness
    Dauntlessness Posts: 1,489 Member
    Options
    Don't over think it. Text him, call him, e-mail him, ask him face to face. Its not like your going to tell him you like him until you spend time with him, right?
    This is the easy part, thinking of how your going to confess your feelings for him is what you should focus on right now.
  • TheRoadDog
    TheRoadDog Posts: 11,788 Member
    Options
    Face to Face.
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    If you see him in person regularly, ask in person.

Glad to see you taking initiative. Guys like that in a woman.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    However you have normal conversations.
  • sevenminaya
    sevenminaya Posts: 112
    Options
    You just asking for a coffee girl! I don't think it matters which way you use lol.
  • Hernandeak11
    Hernandeak11 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Not a dude, but if you regularly text, I'd just text!

Also, dudes (at least the ones I know) totally love it when girls make the first move like this! good luck!
  • Barbellsandthimbles
    Barbellsandthimbles Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    I would almost agree that if you normally text to go ahead and text. But, if you want him to know that this "asking him out" and not just a 'hey, let's get coffee as friends" thing then I'd do it face to face. Nonverbal communication can be very helpful!
  • nitepagan
    nitepagan Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    Do it in whatever fashion you like, make some hints, like do you want to get together for coffee sometime or maybe I have to go downtown shopping or whatever and thought we could get together for coffee. Leaving it open ended, if he doesn't bite, then maybe your interest is not mutual between both of you. If he bites on the bait, you know you got him hooked, you got the whole enchilada, :flowerforyou: but if he can't find the time or the right moment, maybe he doesn't feel as strongly about you as you think. At that point do you want to continue as just friends or the other side of the coin, dump him. :ohwell:
  • mag12238
    mag12238 Posts: 5
    Options
    Nothing wrong with a txt, hope it all goes well x
  • Roadie2000
    Roadie2000 Posts: 1,801 Member
    Options
    Geez people it's just coffee. Just text him, and make sure you have a place in mind.
  • shammxo
    shammxo Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    If you text with him, text him. It's just coffee; you're not proposing.

So I SHOULDN'T propose to someone over a text?

But seriously, just shoot him a text. Or a quick phone call, "Hey, we should grab some coffee! What's your schedule like?"