sweetener question

Options
I've become addicted to hot teas recently, but I don't like the taste of sweeteners. Is honey an ok alternative? Are there any bad things about using honey?

Thanks for the help!

Replies

• victoria4321
    victoria4321 Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    If you try different flavors a lot of teas taste good just by itself. I think honey is fine though if you account for the calories.
  • debbiejanerock
    Options
    I sometimes use honey - bonus is - if you buy and use honey made in the area where you live - it can also help reduce pollen allergies etc. Have you tried Splenda as a sweetener - it is made from cane sugar I think and for me - has no aftertaste. I also use Stevia or Agave to sweeten foods - use a teeny bit as they are both super sweet natural plant extracts. :)
  • skittles8810
    Options
    Honey is good for energy. In small amounts its really good for you. I use stevia drops. It last a long time and you can get it from GNC for about 18.00 bucks. Pricy but only takes a few drops.
  • CMB1979
    CMB1979 Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Maybe try an addition rather than a sweetener. Try cardamon or anise in your tea. Honey is ~ok.

In the past, I tried Agave syrup, but that was before I found out that it's worse than table sugar.
    http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/the-truth-about-agave
  • nordicSnow
    Options
    THanks everybody! I'll look into the Stavia, i'm just very sensitive to the flavor of most sweeteners, so i'll have to find out what it tastes like.
  • fishergreen
    fishergreen Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I switched from Splenda to Stevia and I don't mind the taste at all.