What is YOUR motivation?

Options
2»

Replies

• dinovino_59
    dinovino_59 Posts: 1,700
    Options
    I want to be the sexy, older guy with the shaved head....not the fat, old bald man!!
  • ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    seeing muscles- no joke!!!!!

....and being able to shop with friends and not feel bad because I have to go into a different section then them :blushing:
  • NBabi91
    NBabi91 Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    My *kitten* in the mirror lol
  • schillewis
    schillewis Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that's kept me going this time, though (and this is such a cliche), is viewing this new me as a complete lifestyle change, not a temporary 'diet', after which I will return to 'normal'. I make time for exercising in the same way I make time for eating or showering, because it's just as important for my body. That means that even if I indulge a day here or there, I know it's ok because I haven't thrown off a short term 'diet', it's just one day in my whole life of being healthy, and what's one day in amongst hundreds and thousands of healthy ones?

THIS!!! Since joining MFP I feel as though I'm not longer in a "race" to lose the weight. It really is a journey, and every step of that journey (both good and bad) is important. I've learned so much here already and for the first time in a very long time, I feel in control. I feel as though I have the tools to get where I want to be. And I'm thoroughly content with a slow, consistent weight loss...before I wanted to see 3+ pound loss every time I stepped on the scale. But that's neither realistic nor particularly healthy.

I'm eating enough so that I'm not hungry all day long (such a change from previous "diets") and I don't feel deprived. I don't feel the need to "cheat" because I can log what I eat, exercise and usually stay pretty close to my daily calorie goal. If I go way over, I log it, exercise and move on.

And the week when I don't lose (despite following the plan) didn't freak me out. I've read so many amazing and informative posts here that it's really changed my entire outlook. I knew it must have been my body retaining water, etc...and sure enough, the following week I had another loss. In the past, a single non-loss/gain would have completely derailed me.

Everything I learn here and the amazing posters here continue to be my motivation. :)))
  • corrinnebrown
    corrinnebrown Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    My "before" picture I took yesterday. I will print it out and out it on my fridge. Disgusting. lol
  • missym357
    missym357 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    There is a vanity component to my working out and eating right, but the biggest motivator for me is how it all makes me feel. I get frequent headaches when I am not on track and my mood goes down the toilet too. I consistently feel WAY better when I am eating right and exercising.
  • Sondras09
    Sondras09 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    First off to pass my AF PT test. I recently had my 3rd child via c-section and am having a much harder time getting my booty into shape!
    Secondly to feel as sexy as my husband tells me I am. He always tells me he wishes I saw myself the way he does, well...maybe in 20 lbs I will :)
    Third. I want my children to have a good role model. While I am not very heavy I have made poor food choices. My kids need to learn the healthy way to eat so hopefully they wont suffer like I do/did.
  • AEJhoi
    AEJhoi Posts: 36
    Options
    To look at what weight I have already lost! even though that is only 1 kg ^^
    I have been here for a week now and just lost my first weight, and looking at the 1 kg I already lost just makes me think "hellz yeah, I did that!!"
  • missy787
    missy787 Posts: 35
    Options
    Actually in Feb. my mom was hospitalized with conjestive heart failure. Then on March 30th my dad passed away from renal failure due to diabetes after a long fight with M.S. I just decided it was time for a change, and my husband has been such a big help, and doing this with me.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    bump
  • missy787
    Options
    bump
  • StephySands
    Options
    Actually in Feb. my mom was hospitalized with conjestive heart failure. Then on March 30th my dad passed away from renal failure due to diabetes after a long fight with M.S. I just decided it was time for a change, and my husband has been such a big help, and doing this with me.

Oh, No!! I am so sorry for your loss :flowerforyou:
  • missy787
    Options

Oh, No!! I am so sorry for your loss :flowerforyou:

Thank you.
  • white_monarch
    Options
    My family has an intense history of diabetes, that compared with the inability to fit in some of my older clothes - and a near impossibility of finding new clothes keep me going.
  • 1953Judith
    1953Judith Posts: 325 Member
    Options
    Eliminating my weight as a factor when I am addressing health issues.