Honey Sugar

Options
I know there are probably LOADS of posts out there about natural sugars found in fruits etc and that it's added sugars that should be watched on MFP, but I just wanted to check - is the sugar found in honey natural sugar?
I had honey in my porridge, a banana and fresh orange juice for breakfast this morning and am already over my sugar intake by like 9g - are the sugars I ate natural sugars?

Just want to be sure :smile:

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I'm not aware of any sugars that don't occur in nature, so you would have to explain to me what you meant by "natural".

But I am weird.
  • katiejoycecross
    katiejoycecross Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Personally, I treat all sugar as sugar, natural or not.

But I do tend towards lower GI sugars, like agave or berries, that won't spike your blood sugar after you eat them.

But even that is affected by your intake of fat and protein as well. So I keep it simple.

Sugar is sugar.

;)
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
  • mclarenemma
    Options
    I tend to add sultanas to my porridge for that little extra sweet kick or..... if it's blueberry season where you are, put about 10 in a ramekin, a tiny tiny amount of water and pop in microwave til hot. Add a dollop of natural yoghurt to your porridge and top with the berries