No weight loss!!

Options
I have been sticking to the same diet now for a week and have had no weight loss at all, which i think is crazy because i have decreased my food intake dramatically. Here is what im eating:

Breakfast = Protein shake 200 calories
Lunch = Salad with fish 300 calories
Dinner = Cup of soup with two ryvitas 150 calories
Snacks = Orange, apple and yogurt 300 calories

This is less than 1000 calories and i was given 1200 calories as my goal per day. I am adding chili to my cup of soups to increase my metabolism and do a work out (very light) every evening, which includes squats, lunges, press ups, sit ups etc. There was only one day i went over and that day i still only ate 1235!

WHAT AM I DOING WRONG??
Please can someone help me?
x

Replies

• MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    you are not eating enough. eat more (like 1400) and you'll see a difference. i promise.

oh and search the forums because a lot ofpeople have this problem, they eat more, they notice a difference.
  • staceylouise6684
    Options
    Weight loss is not just about eating the recommended calories to lose weight some form of exercise is needed also, i started my diet with just low calorie intake and did not lose as my body went into starvation mode, i went from 2000 calories a day down to 1000 calories and my body just held it, so exercise around 30 minutes a day and you should see a difference. Do not go below 1000 calories either as this will cause your body to hold the fat also.

Hope this helps
  • mamabosha
    mamabosha Posts: 22
    Options
    If you drink anything with caffeine in it, cut back. That causes water retention.
  • djsupreme6
    djsupreme6 Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    change it up a little..it won't hurt to perhaps add a little more exercise to the mix. It seems as if you are eating the same thing everyday as well..if thats the case..that could be the problem...change that up as well..do things different..your body will thank you
  • IAmABetterMe
    IAmABetterMe Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    I agree - you probably aren't eatting enough... and look at portions for carbs/fat/protein

Oh and make sure you are drinking PLENTY of water to flush your system out also
  • myjourney2
    myjourney2 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    You have to eat to lose weight. Make sure you get in all your calories and drink lots of water.
  • all4derby
    all4derby Posts: 55
    Options
    Every single one of these posts should be telling you to eat more. Right now your body is getting enough calories to get by, but they're so low that it thinks it needs to hold onto every last pound to survive. I eat 1800 calories a day and have lost 25 pounds since February. Eat more! And make sure you're eating your exercise calories back.

I can't tell you how many diets I failed because of trying to starve myself and now that i am taking a reasonable approach, the weight is just coming off.