Breakfast smoothies

Options
I have about 8 pounds left to shed, and it's just refusing to come off. I exercise on a regular basis (about a week and a half away from finishing Insanity), so I'm pretty sure it's my nutrition that's holding me back. Lunch and dinner I do alright with (most of the time), but my breakfasts need an overhaul, so I was looking for smoothie recipes. What are your favorites? Protein powder or no protein powder, I want to hear them! :-)

Replies

• mclarenemma
    Options
    I go with

1 banana
    1/4 cup skim milk
    3 tbl spn natural yoghurt
    1 tsp LSA (linseed, sunflower seed, almond blend)
    3 tbl spn rolled oats

Blend..

Also bluberries, the milk and the yoghurt and ice
  • oligracemom
    oligracemom Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I just use unsweeteed vanilla almond milk, a frozen banana and a few ice cubes in a blender every morning. Sometimes I will throw in other frozen fruit, (raspberries, mango) if I have them. Also, if I am not eating carbs at lunch I will add a half cup of oatmeal to the blender. It is yummy!
  • joankpoirier
    joankpoirier Posts: 281 Member
    Options
    I drink Tropical Strawberry shakeology every morning.. and LOVE little water and ice and its good to go
    I have about 8 pounds left to shed, and it's just refusing to come off. I exercise on a regular basis (about a week and a half away from finishing Insanity), so I'm pretty sure it's my nutrition that's holding me back. Lunch and dinner I do alright with (most of the time), but my breakfasts need an overhaul, so I was looking for smoothie recipes. What are your favorites? Protein powder or no protein powder, I want to hear them! :-)
  • happymiche
    happymiche Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
    1/2 cup plain greek yogurt
    1 1/2 cups fresh spinach
    1/2 cup frozen pineapple chunks
    1/2 cup frozen banana chunks

Blend well. Sub any fruit really--I love this combo though!
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Wuggums
    Wuggums Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    One of my breakfast staples:

2 cups unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or 1 cup milk, 1 cup water)
    1 frozen banana
    3/4 cup frozen blueberries
    1 scoop Tropical Dreamsicle Protein Powder

A little calorie dense, but it makes a HUGE smoothie and it is delicious!!
  • chris1816
    chris1816 Posts: 715 Member
    Options
    Here is a link to mine in another thread I posted:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/573318-cleanses-let-me-give-you-a-cool-recipe-flower-children

Keep in mind a couple things:

-It is calorie dense, as I have a higher goal and much more weight to lose.

-Filling as all hell, since I sometimes may not get to eat lunch.

-Recipe is very flexible, I usually use whey instead of hemp powder, if I used both it would be much higher in calories.

Otherwise this is very filling, super nutricious and can be split up between breakfast and lunch if desired.
  • RKNR
    RKNR Posts: 30
    Options
    1 cup frozen berries
    1/2 banana
    1 cup unsweetened almond milk
    1 scoop whey protein

This is my favorite
  • RachFace1000
    RachFace1000 Posts: 154 Member
    Options
    half cup of raspberries
    half cup of blackberries
    one cup of vanilla frozen yogurt (with no added sugar, fat free)

or
    i tbsp peanut butter
    one banana
    one cup skim milk
    and one scoop of chocolate 100% whey protein powder
  • leanby2013
    leanby2013 Posts: 137
    Options
    1 cup of almond or semi skimmed milk
    1/2 banana
    tsp pnbutter
    dash of cinnamon
    chocolate protein powder (i use soya isolate because its got no carbs in and tastes nice)
  • terri0527
    terri0527 Posts: 678 Member
    Options
    bump for later !
  • JerseyGirl4eva
    Options
    I just use unsweeteed vanilla almond milk, a frozen banana and a few ice cubes in a blender every morning. Sometimes I will throw in other frozen fruit, (raspberries, mango) if I have them. Also, if I am not eating carbs at lunch I will add a half cup of oatmeal to the blender. It is yummy!

For those of you who like a bit of sour taste try looking in the ethnic Spanish foods (frozen section) for Goya (there are other brands) Maracuya Parcha Pulp , it is Passion fruit, however, I find the best frozen pulp in the Spanish section.
  • jmanthei98
    jmanthei98 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    I drink Tropical Strawberry shakeology every morning.. and LOVE little water and ice and its good to go

I'd love to try Shakeology, but I can't afford it. :-(
  • rswood62
    rswood62 Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Daytonsmommy
    Daytonsmommy Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I just started using this recipe as my go to morning smoothie:

1 c spinach
    1/2 c frozen blueberries
    1 banana
    1-1.5 c light vanilla soy milk
    1 scoop vanilla protein powder (optional)
    ice

It's really tasty and only clocks in around 320 cals or so.