anyone strugge with late night eating?

Options
This is one of biggest temptations I think besides eating differently on weekends. How do you all curb late night eating temptations.

Replies

• GauchoMark
    GauchoMark Posts: 1,804 Member
    Options
    I curb my temptation by eating a snack!

I am a nightowl and get hungry at night as well. I just save up calories for a nightly snack.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,565 Member
    Options
    Late night eating is okay as long as it isnt sugary refined carbs.

http://www.leangains.com/search/label/Fat Loss
  • gracielee1
    gracielee1 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    push comes to shove? then ill reach for baby carrots or a small bowl of cereal, because it will make me full.
  • FitBunnyEm
    FitBunnyEm Posts: 320
    Options
    i get water or a cup of tea/green tea take the cravings edge off
  • zgdsmith
    zgdsmith Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I eat a popsicle. They are only 35 calories! Or 100 calorie popcorn.
  • rosalieharris
    rosalieharris Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Big struggle for me also! I am still fighting this battle. I do like the above...just try and save the calories!!
  • ber3023
    ber3023 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I didn't have this problem until recently and I've been at this since last July! I try to do some healthier snacking like fruits or veggies, but it seems my late night cravings wanna be for junk like chips or sweets! I'd love some good ideas as well.
  • kiawya
    kiawya Posts: 73
    Options
    Cereal is the best bet for me, Cheerios with skim milk. I struggle with nighttime eating in a major way! I used to keep snacks in my room, but I cant even trust myself!
  • calmmomw3minimeez
    calmmomw3minimeez Posts: 499 Member
    Options
    I save up enough calories for late night snacking as I sometimes have a hard time getting to sleep and I'm always hungry when I can't sleep...usually a nice salad with fruit to curb the sweet tooth!
  • dypab
    dypab Posts: 19
    Options
    Like the kiddies do ... drink a glass of warm milk, brush my teeth and put myself to bed. Brushing my teeth seriously helps...never really ever feel like sullying minty breath by eating.
  • sniperzzzz
    sniperzzzz Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I use 3-5g of Pysilium husk with 2 glasses of water before bed, it works great for me.

http://www.livestrong.com/article/494488-psyllium-husk-and-appetite-suppression/
  • maurap26
    maurap26 Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I struggle with this as well, last night I had a choc. chai tea with some melba rounds & little pieces of cheese on them
  • secoke
    secoke Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Air popped pop corn or herbal tea
  • prettyzooey
    Options
    I work second shift, so I end up eating a snack when I get home from work at midnight. Water with lemon and those 100cal packs like chips ahoy or ritz work. Although there are nights I want to indulge in big bowl of ice cream after a stressful day at work.
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    Options
    This is one of biggest temptations I think besides eating differently on weekends. How do you all curb late night eating temptations.

I go to bed.

Seriously, people, there's this book y'all should read. It's called GO THE F* TO SLEEP!

hitting the sheets by 10p every night will help your weight loss in more ways than you realize :)
  • sneakyjean
    sneakyjean Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    When I reach an hour past which I don't want to eat, I brush my teeth and then floss. I hate flossing so I'm not going to screw it up by eating. I don't want to have to do it again! ;-)
  • AnnieFJ
    AnnieFJ Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Nope
  • lb7970
    lb7970 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I've gotten much better about this than when I started this journey. Now I tend to eat more during the day and don't get the late night munchies like I used to. When I did here are a few things I tried. A handful of nuts and a large glass of water. Canned green beans and a large glass of water. A dill pickle with you guessed it a large glass of water. 1/2 cup lowfat cottage cheese.

I workout after work before dinner. So I have started having a protein shake right when I get home around 6:30 - 7:00 pm from my workout then start preparing dinner. I'll still eat my normal dinner about 45 minutes to an hour after I've had my shake7:30 - 8:00 pm. This tends to keep me satisfied for the night. I hope you find something that works for you.
  • shelbysmom08
    Options
    I brush my teeth and floss and I go to sleep. My hubby is a night snacked so I try to stay out of bed until he is done.
  • robynj88
    robynj88 Posts: 104 Member
    Options

I go to bed.

Seriously, people, there's this book y'all should read. It's called GO THE F* TO SLEEP!

hitting the sheets by 10p every night will help your weight loss in more ways than you realize :)

Despite the tone of this post I agree with you!! I go to bed about 10pm every night, read till I get sleepy and then go to sleep. I often get up earlier than needed in the morning as a result but then I'm allowed to have breakfast so it doesn't really matter!