300 Consecutive Days of MFP w/Pics! Almost 60 Pounds Lost

Options

Replies

• LorryGuthrie
    LorryGuthrie Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Congrats on a job well done. I feel the same way that you do. I still have foods that I've always loved, just a lot less of it and a lot more healthy foods and daily exercise have been added. It's worked for me and I know I can do this for the rest of my life! :)
  • MommaFuhrer
    MommaFuhrer Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Saving to read later!! Congrats!!! :flowerforyou:
  • gracehutchinson
    Options
    wow what a transformation! really inspirational story. well done you!
  • SexyCook
    SexyCook Posts: 2,253 Member
    Options
    WOWWWW..You look amazing....Congrats!
  • tbskipp
    tbskipp Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    Good thing you were in the military - boot camp prepared you for Jillian's 30DS! I just started it and she makes me feel like i am in boot camp!
    You look amazing! I need to show your pics to my 5'10" husband. :wink:
  • PlumeriaToo
    PlumeriaToo Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    great job
  • elis_mama
    elis_mama Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    Wow!!!! you look great!!!! Good job!
  • srussell1108
    srussell1108 Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    This is awesome and such a wonderful thing, congrats :)
  • brismom070897
    brismom070897 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    bump
  • rds532
    rds532 Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Great story! Good job! Every day I consider giving up this battle but then get inspiration from stories like yours. I am doing 30DS, almost done level 1. I will keep going until I find what works for me. Thanks for a great read!
  • monkeyriley
    monkeyriley Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    I really appreciated reading about how you leveled out. I've been curious about how members do this after being successful losing weight.
  • EPICSRT
    EPICSRT Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Great accomplishment! (although not so sure about the shaving part)

This could be a whole novel on its own! I will make it a short story:

The shaving was, in part, to help me get over having a poor self image. As I mentioned in the first post, I was not happy with the man in the mirror. One issue I had (maybe even slightly still have) was that I was so used to looking in the mirror and seeing the same image that even after losing 50 pounds I still saw the same image as what was in the first two pictures. I knew I had lost weight, I could see I was thinner, I had to buy all new smaller clothes, and people I worked with would comment on my weight loss..............and all that still could not change the perception I had of myself.

I basically determined that I had a poor perception of my physical self and decided to do something about it. One big issue I could see that was perpetuating my poor self image was body fat. I decided to start alternating cardio with some moderate lifting to reduce my body fat a little more without losing any more weight. Next I decided that if I want to be able to immediately see a physical change in the mirror I would have do something to physically alter what I was looking at. This is where the shaving comes in! I even went so far as to almost shave my face clean (I've had the goatee for the last 15 years). Another thing on the list is to engage in some very light tanning to even out a bit (which I have never done before).

Mental perception and reality can often be two drastically different things and my goal is to get them realigned with my "new" body.
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    It's interesting to read this because I pretty much have the same body as you (in size, weight, height and body fat %)... but I'm curious if the same approach would work for me considering I'm a woman! lol Men tend to lose weight more easily than women, sadly...

But I like your approach, I'm all about planning and steps! I'm a little bit less on level ground with exercise than I am with other things (like finances!) with exercise and losing weight it's so uncontrollable... I am unsure about how much it's going to take to get my metabolism up and running well.

Did you start losing weight right away? I've done pretty much everything you did in the phase 1 and I know it's only been a week but I'm not seeing ANY change... I will continue on, I just want to know if there's anyone who it took a whileto get their body INTO it?

While I do realize everyone is different, my wife has pretty much followed along with me (with a lot less exercise) and has also shed weight. She focused on trying to stay within her MFP suggested intake and in the same period as my loss (6/29 to 12/25) lost about 35 pounds. The biggest difference between the two of us was she seldom exercised and it showed. She lost weight but not a whole lot in inches. She went into maintenance mode (eating back any exercise calories) upon losing the 35 pounds. After this she committed to doing 30DS for a consecutive 30 days and to then exercise periodically after that. Between January and now she has lost an additional 5 pounds (she has leveled out over the last couple months) and has defiantly trimmed up!

She's about 5'6", started at 163 pounds averaged a size 12 and is now down to 123 pounds and a comfortable size 6 (she does not wear skin tight clothes). While her body fat has gone down, she will still have to exercise if he wants to trim more off her mid-section, the same as me.

You can try my approach and see what happens!

Maybe I should start a new thread with an outline of everything I did that makes up what I call "Mod The Bod"?
  • hcdawg
    hcdawg Posts: 69
    Options
    Nice Job, great encouragement for me!! Thanks for posting!!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Nothing's as awesome as your daughter's smile. She's beyond precious. As for you, I SEE VEINS, keep at it. You've done so well.

My daughter is the absolute best! She keeps me in check too! If I go a few days without exercising she says, "Um, daddy? Do you think you can exercise or something?"

She is awesome!

She's three years old and the other day when I was putting together this thread she sees the "Now" photos and asked why I wasn't wearing a shirt and when she saw the "Before" photos she pointed and said, "Who is that?"

I told her it was me and she looked at me, then looked at the photo, then looked at me again and said, "That's you? Oh. Okay."

I had a big smile on my face after that!
  • EPICSRT
    Options
    Great write up. You should consider writing a book. It was well put together and a smooth transition. And...congratulations on your modification (of the bod).

I will put together the full details of my approach and post up by this weekend with something that anyone could try!
  • jenniejengin
    jenniejengin Posts: 785 Member
    Options
    great job
  • MoreThanMommie
    MoreThanMommie Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    Wow! WTG!!
  • Music_is_my_soul
    Music_is_my_soul Posts: 792 Member
    Options
    bump for later!

Nice work!!!
  • annrunning
    Options
    Congrats to you and I appreciate you sharing your story. You certainly have put lots of thought into this and are committed to making a change for the better. So many people want a quick fix without examining the reasons they've gotten to the point they're at.

I love your daughter's comment, "Who is that?" and your "mod the bod" concept. Awesome stuff!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!