Crazy thought question!

Options
So went swimming the other day and there was a lady there with a very nice tummy toned not too thin but in great shape. She had considerable stretch marks in my opinion but didn't seem phazed by them and strutted proudly in her bikini. What is everyone elses' thoughts. I doubt I will ever wear a bikini no matter how great I get my abs to look after 2 children I can't get past how ugly those lines are.

Replies

• sensualmess
    sensualmess Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I got my first stretch marks when I was 14 for the first time... I'm still ashamed of them, I don't wear skirts, hardly ever dresses..
    You need to stop thinking that everyone that looks at your body will only look at your stretch marks! Every women has some!
    well, most of them.. if you like swimming then you should change your mind , when you will like your body and feel good about it, you won't then think about those lines! :P
    Most people don't even notice them, especially men..
  • bobbie228
    bobbie228 Posts: 53
    Options
    I just don't want to disgust someone lol! But at the same time I'm like gawd I'd love to show off my hard work! As for men I actually worry more about women noticing and talking or poking fun at them.
  • roachhaley
    roachhaley Posts: 978 Member
    Options
    I have a few stretch marks on my hips. I'm 19. They arent horrible and theyre fading.

However, I think if anyone cares about someone ELSE'S stretchmarks they probably are living a pretty sad life.

As far as I'm concerned, once the rest of my body looks great, I could be one big stretch mark and I wouldnt give a hoot.
  • mici0427
    mici0427 Posts: 54
    Options
    I think you should show off your hard work!!! Stretch marks can't be helped so forget them and strut!!;-)
  • teya44
    teya44 Posts: 29
    Options
    They r a badge of honor… cause of the stretch marks (WELL MOST OF THEM) are caused by a little one that has became your life…. Or even a badge of honor cause you have lost weight so that is something to be proud of also so I say HELL YES if you feel completely comfy in your skin that you have show it off… because you earned it
  • oberon0124
    oberon0124 Posts: 10,527 Member
    Options
    They r a badge of honor… cause of the stretch marks (WELL MOST OF THEM) are caused by a little one that has became your life…. Or even a badge of honor cause you have lost weight so that is something to be proud of also so I say HELL YES if you feel completely comfy in your skin that you have show it off… because you earned it

What she said!!!
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    I have pondered this. I suppose I will wear a bikini if I ever feel comfortable. But at this time, it's a no-go!
  • Captain_Tightpants
    Captain_Tightpants Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Stretch marks only bother the type of people whose opinion shouldn't matter to you anyway.
  • Arthemise1
    Arthemise1 Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Heck, I've got scar marks from surgery, and if I ever get down to my ideal weight, I wouldn't mind wearing something that shows a good-looking tummy (though I'd never wear a bikini at my age).
  • ZugTheMegasaurus
    ZugTheMegasaurus Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    I'm COVERED in stretch marks; I had insta-puberty at 13 and overnight had them all over my hips, breasts, and belly. I hate them and am mortified when people notice. A few years back, I had appendicitis. When they were in the process of trying to diagnose me, they did an ultrasound; the tech pointed to the stretch marks and asked how many kids I'd had! If I weren't in agony, I would have run out in shame right then!

That said, I wouldn't ever judge someone else for their own stretch marks (or really, their own body at all). If it doesn't bother you, more power to you!
  • hanna6774
    hanna6774 Posts: 225
    Options
    I saw this on another thread and it says it all!
    407660_10151236114515294_693875293_23038197_1564483286_n.jpg
  • mdsjmom98
    mdsjmom98 Posts: 333 Member
    Options
    While I acknowledge that my stretch marks are my battle wounds from childbearing/childbirth, I still will not show them. I am not embarrassed about them, but I do not find them attractive, so I most likely won't dress in a way that they will be seen.
  • dariadoll
    dariadoll Posts: 18
    Options
    When I get to my ideal weight (and if it's sunny!) I'll be in my bikini, stretch marks and all!!! You should be proud of your weight loss and resulting figure :) There will ALWAYS be someone out there who will give negative comments but they'll have their own problems to deal with, so forget them!x