Sugar Addiction -Help?

Options
2»

Replies

• Bluesmilie
    Bluesmilie Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    This is my problem too.
    I normally get satisfied with a popscicle.
    But there are times I crave a piece of cake or cookies.
    Cookies I can get them under 100 calories for the snack bag, but a piece of CAKE is overated!
  • audra0923
    audra0923 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    For all of you sugar addicts out there.....please give some suggestions to have after dinner! I have got the rest of the day covered by eating clean foods, but I can't seem to find something satisfying after dinner. I can't seem to make myself have just a piece of fruit. Help!!
    Do you all eat things like sugar free pudding? I don't want to go overboard with things like this, but I am thinking this would help.
  • angieleighbyrd
    angieleighbyrd Posts: 989 Member
    Options
    Try stevia. And switch to a lower calorie whipped cream. Whipped cream on strawberries or jello every once in a while isn't a bad thing and will hopefully curb your sweet tooth.
  • Lesa_Sass
    Lesa_Sass Posts: 2,213 Member
    Options
    For all of you sugar addicts out there.....please give some suggestions to have after dinner! I have got the rest of the day covered by eating clean foods, but I can't seem to find something satisfying after dinner. I can't seem to make myself have just a piece of fruit. Help!!
    Do you all eat things like sugar free pudding? I don't want to go overboard with things like this, but I am thinking this would help.

Try this pudding: http://thesassygourmet.com/?p=216
  • gracehutchinson
    Options
    I'm definately with you on this one - my boyfriend thinks I'm mad but I too have to have something sweet after my evenign meal or I feel as though I haven't finished lol.

I've been trying to eat a bit cleaner this week and when craving something sweet have gone for yoghurt, sugar free jelly or a low sugar protein shake and that usually does the trick.

I don't cut it out all together but I definitely notice the weeks where I don't have as much of it I don't actually want it if that makes sense :)

Good luck in finding something that works for you!
  • glow7
    glow7 Posts: 8
    Options
    You will need to cut them out of your diet completely.

Would you believe that it is the sugar in alcohol that alcoholics crave? This is why we suggest to them to carry candy with them when they first stop drinking.

Good luck, coming off of sugar is hard. The best way to be successful in this is to make sure there is none of this stuff in the house.

....this quote makes so much sense...and i feel like im addicted to sugary fats. i literally go to them when i'm having an upsetting situation i don't want to deal with and they make me feel better (temporarily) when i have them. it is a vicious cycle. i think going cold turkey is all that works for me and that is what i am starting today. if i know i can't have them i'm fine. if i think i'll just have a little...watch out!!! there's no moderation with this for me.
  • SuzieZimm
    SuzieZimm Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I've come to rely on Sugar Free popsicles. only 15 cals each, and they take a few minutes to eat so they're more satisfying than popping a candy or something into your mouth. Plus I'm sure the kids would love them!
  • mjk98
    mjk98 Posts: 1
    Options
    I havee become a sugar addict i eat about 8 packs of certs a day and i need to get it under control, i weigh about 104lbs its not putting weight on me but OMG i cant stop eating certs all day long one after another ..i gave up coffee last year prior to certs i was eating the breathe savers which destroyed my stomach so i need to stop cold turkey did anyone else ever get addicted to certs?
  • jbakerak
    jbakerak Posts: 76
    Options
    If you cut out sugar and simple carbs like white bread, the cravings should go way down or disappear after a week or so. You might be surprised to find out that if you cut it out completely for a while, things might taste a lost sweeter when you re introduce them and you might not enjoy them anymore.