all the more reasons to not drink soda

Options
FDA confirms a frog was found in a can of Pepsi........I knew I was a Coke drinker for a reason.....

not only are sodas bad for you they now contain frogs!!!!

:bigsmile:

Replies

• Juliec82
    Options
    Thats crazy! I'm so glad I gave up soda!
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I hear ya sister....I gave it up almost 2 weeks ago.......
  • memaw66
    memaw66 Posts: 2,558 Member
    Options
    When I was a kid, I was drinking a can of Sprite. When I finished I turned the can upside down and this plastic looking thing with a million ants slithered out!! It was soooooooooooo disgusting. Needless to say I no longer drink Sprite from a can. Luckily I am not a big soda person and I never drink from cans any more!!!

memaw
  • Juliec82
    Options
    I gave it up three weeks ago and I feel so much better! Its crazy I thought I could never live without my diet coke! lol
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I am miserable with out it. It was my last addiction to give up. I have had a horrible headache. I am drinking tea and coffee....I am *****y and moody....I miss it. I have been trying to give it up for 8 yrs since my gastric bypass surgery.
    I cut back considerably from 12-42 a day to one or two......
  • Juliec82
    Options
    I had the same problem for almost a week. It was miserable. I gave up my ice coffee at the same time and I thought for sure I was not going to be able to do it. Wow thats awesome that you were able to cut back that much. Did you find you lost weight after giving up the soda? I've been drinking crystal light and I really like it.
  • SDawgW
    SDawgW Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I am miserable with out it. It was my last addiction to give up. I have had a horrible headache. I am drinking tea and coffee....I am *****y and moody....I miss it. I have been trying to give it up for 8 yrs since my gastric bypass surgery.
    I cut back considerably from 12-42 a day to one or two......

12-42 ounces?
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    thats cans of soda.......and it was supposed to be 12-24cans a day......I had a moment of being unable to type.

I gave it up cold turkey and have gained 2 pounds in almost 2 weeks
    I drink crystal lite.....I hate water.....
  • Sherry79
    Options
    I have not had any soda (my weakness is diet mtn dew) since I got back on track this time. I have found that if I drink it, even diet, I don't drink my water the way I should. Plus I hate the way it bloats me up and makes me feel HUGE. . .not a good feeling when you're trying to LOSE weight :laugh:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    it was more of an emotional thing for me. It was the one thing in my horrible past that did not hurt me. It was really hard to give up. It is like a security blanket. I am having a hard time with this, but I will do my best.

I was drinking a 12 pack to a case a day......I would not eat.....I gained weight.....233 pounds on a 5ft frame. I had my surgery and could not give it up. I was buying a 20 ounce bottle and it would last me a week as I would only drink an actual capful at a time.

I just could not let go of it.. Everytime something bad happend I would have a coke and felt better. Now to give it up what happens if something goes bad?

:sad:
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I let myself have one giant honking 44oz Mt Dew a week...if I behave through the week.

I find that keeps me from falling completly off the wagon.
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I am not supposed to have it at all......the carbonation is not good for my pouch and it is empty calories, no nutritional values whatsoever.
  • mustang3
    mustang3 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    I have had many FAILED attempts at not drinking soda! I'm doing better with this attempt though. . . I'm only drinking 1 can every 2-3 days (and I dont really think about it until I see a can)! It used to be easy for me to drink 5-6 cans a day. Hopefully soon enough I will stop drinking it!
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I keep one in the fridge and seem to be ok......right now.
  • Ripgirl
    Ripgirl Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I am not supposed to have it at all......the carbonation is not good for my pouch and it is empty calories, no nutritional values whatsoever.

What do you mean about the carbonation? I do prefer fizzy over still, so I tend to choose carbonated waters, etc.

Is even that hindering my efforts to see my flat belly again?

Ok - just did a quick internet search and as we all probably know soda, diet or otherwise, isn't great for our bodies. Carbonation can make you bloated and can also affect calcium absorption. Generally, the chemicals in soda can affect your body's PH balance and how it can absorb nutrients, which can in turn hinder weight loss in some people.

sigh.
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I am gastric bypass so it is not good for my new pouch.

but yes in a normal person too it causes bloat...its a gas
  • amanda2181
    Options
    My addiction was Dr. Pepper. I LOVED and even craved it! I quit drinking it 6 weeks ago and feel great. It started unconsciously as I realized one week it had been a few days since I had one. That was a major accomplishment since I was drinking 2-3 a day:drinker: . Then it became a challenge to myself to see if I could go without for longer, especially since I had almost a whole case in the fridge. (The roomie thankfully finished them off for me.)

I still occassionally crave it work, but resist. Before I quit, a co-work who knew how much I liked it gave me Dr. Pepper popsicles that she found at Wal-Greens. If I get a major craving for it, I'll eat one of them. Much better for me in my opinion because they only have 35 calories versus 150 for a can.

The big plus is that I think it has definitely helped in the weight loss.
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    I know Ripgirl....it sucks:sad:
  • tabstattooed
    Options
    and how do these taste?? the dr pepper popsicles??
  • annaliza
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Tabs, good luck to you in breaking your soda addiction. It's a lot like quitting cigarettes (or any addiction)...which is very difficult to do. Keep at it....you'll get there! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: