Painful Breakup

Options
Hi guys,

So my boyfriend split up with me last Wednesday, and I'm trying so hard to keep busy, but it's just agony :( We were together six months and I truly doted on him - I loved him more than I'd loved any man (and of course, I still do) and it's just so hard to accept.

Anyone got any good advice for me?

Thanks for letting me vent. xx

Replies

• Charismasme2
    Charismasme2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    It's never easy with a breakup...Just keep busy. Take more walks, get outside. It's gonna take time, but you'll be fine. One way to get back at him is make your goals...and find a hot guy...LOL Good luck.
  • beatnik236
    beatnik236 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Nothing is going to lessen the pain but time (and sometimes a new man.) but just know that you will get through it just fine and maybe one door had to close to open the door for something better! You want someone to value you and love you as much as you do them. Just keep your head up! Things get better.
  • Megume
    Megume Posts: 74
    Options
    Channel your energy into something else that you love :) Try to avoid binging, because your most likely doing it to help stuff down the pain.

Try taking up biking, or going to the gym more. Take all of that pent up frustration and hurt and turn it into something beautiful that you can be proud of!

sorry that this is so rough for you, it will get better <3
  • SusanleeBee
    SusanleeBee Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    Best way to get over one guy is to get under another!
  • ubermagee
    ubermagee Posts: 57
    Options
    Haha, thank you for your suggestions. Not ready to "get under another" just yet! But desperately missing the affection and the intimacy that we had together...it's going to be really hard to get over this, and this just feels the cherry on top of a bloody awful year's cake.

I know I can and will get through this, and I'm usually so good at passing through life with a sunny disposition, but this is really starting to beat me. I feel battered. Physically, and emotionally.
  • seebeachrun
    seebeachrun Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    Stay busy. I made myself say yes to everything I was asked to go do for the first few months after my divorce. (Disclaimer: I wouldn't agree to anything that was illegal or I could get hurt doing.)

I met lots of people and had lots of fun. I dind't even know that there was a huge group of young professionals who do Happy Hour every Friday night downtown. I really enjoyed being single for the first time and I never felt lonely because there was always something to do and people to hang out with. Then I met someone through one of my new friends and we've been together almost two years.

Maybe try meetup.com to get out with other people at first if you don't have a lot of friends (I sure didn't have many right after my divorce.) You don't have to date, just go hang out and have fun.
  • claramay66
    claramay66 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    It seems to me that it was HIS Loss. He wasn't ready for a great person as you. Stay up beat. Look forward to the better things that will come your way. Stay focused on what is best for you and Great Things will come to you, and if that includes another man hopefully he will be ready to share your life as it should be. Good Luck and Stay Strong.