Depression, Prozac, and Eating Too Little.

Options
I just started Prozac and was diagnosed with Depression on top of my constant OCD. (I'm not new to antis, just this one after the pregnancy. We lost our first baby.)

I'm confused. Some days I could eat the whole kitchen and others I could be fine without eating a thing. I'm exercising 6 days a week. 3 days cardio, 3 days stength. I haven't felt weak or like I needed to eat extra. I keep a meal bar on me in case of that but my appetite is gone a lot of the time- especially on a bad day.

Some days I eat like the site wants me to and others like yesterday I just don't. I have to just make myself a little something and make myself eat it.

Do I just let me body intake as IT wants to our let my mind control how much I eat?

Thank you loves, let me know if you've been in these terrible shoes but managed to get healthy.

Replies

• SheilahArnett4
    Options
    My heart breaks for you.

I have OCD, too and I am actually on Zoloft for mine and also for anxiety and depression.
    I get into the same "funk". Yesterday, I was really depressed and actually had to force myself to eat because I had only ate around 300 calories and I knew that it wasn't healthy. I went on a nice walk and that eased my mind.
  • DeepBreaths
    Options
    I rode the Zoloft train for over a year after my first pregnancy.

I say override the feeling that you aren't hungry and go for it anyways. I think the anti depressants tend to numb us a bit, and we start ignoring real cues from our body.

Also, not to pry, but what are your thoughts on the link between strep and ocd?
  • ohi1073mysoldier
    Options
    I rode the Zoloft train for over a year after my first pregnancy.

I say override the feeling that you aren't hungry and go for it anyways. I think the anti depressants tend to numb us a bit, and we start ignoring real cues from our body.

Also, not to pry, but what are your thoughts on the link between strep and ocd?

strep?
  • DeepBreaths
    Options
    I'm not saying it would apply to you obviously, but this theory really has me wondering.

http://www.webmd.com/news/20050705/strep-linked-to-neurological-conditions