6 week KICK START to weight loss: The Atkins Way

Options
Hi everyone.:flowerforyou:

Anyone interested in joining me in a 6 week challenge to kick start weight loss? Summer is right around the corner and it is time to give our weight loss a huge push and reach for the stars.

Are you willing to give up the white stuff, mainly flour products and sugar for the next 6 weeks to make the scales move and the fat drop?

If so, post your starting weight by Thursday, April 25 and post your final weight on June 1!

Let's get this party started!

This group will remain open so you may join anytime during the 6 week period!

I encourage everyone to keep their calories at a min. of 1200 each day. Let's keep it healthy.

NOW LET'S ROCK THE SCALES and SHAKE OFF SOME FAT....

Replies

• Resalyn
    Resalyn Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    I am in, Hammbone! Though I am following a different plan. No really low carb, but focuses on healthier carbs - no white stuff or sugar either.....

My starting weight is 256 and my current plan (Eating for Life by Bill Phillips) and work out complements of his Transformation book - my Transformation challenge actually lasts 18 weeks, but will definitely love having some friends to support along the way! I am hoping to lose 25 pounds in that 18 weeks - more would be awesome, but it seems the older I get, the harder it is to lose.....
  • suzzee2000
    suzzee2000 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    Count me in!!! :drinker:
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    you got me. count me in.
    i too am o n another plan carbohyddrate addict's life span program. This is just my second day its no carb for two meals an 1hour a day to eat anything you want. on another meal.
    Thank you for inviting me. Hammbone.
    I thiink you girls will help me. stick to it Thats what it takes to find a plan you can live with and just stick to it.

My starting weight as of this mornine 194.9
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Woooohoooo, we are off to a great start! Resalyn, Marie, and Suzie , I am so happy to have you all join me for this challenge. It has been a long time!!!

YES YES YES, use whatever eating plan works for you.

Choose your eating plan but most important...post, post, post!

I think it is important to share on our journey and help each other a long the way.

Resalyn, I believe the goal you have set for the 18 week challenge is doable and I hope we encourage you to reach your goal.

Calie, I haven't heard of Carb addict life span program but we will definitely support and encourage you!
  • HAMMBONE
    HAMMBONE Posts: 155 Member
    Options
    Today, I weighed 197.5 and my goal over the next 6 weeks is to lose 15 lbs!

I want to replace the white stuff with whole grains. You know, healthier choices.
    I do not want to stop eating grains completely and I want to eat fruit!!!
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Sounds like a plan, ladies! Awesome!

On a humorous level - I wear a Fitbit throughout the day to track my steps, calories burned, and how many flights of stairs I climb. Only climbed 10 flights today, darn it - but when I synced my Fitbit with the website, it told me I climbed the "Tallest Lego Tower" - whatever that is, LOL....

Tomorrow morning I get to sleep in til 6 a.m. - woo hoo! I'm gonna hit the sack! G'night, all!
  • summergirl73
    summergirl73 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I am in
  • Tadriendra
    Options
    Hi, hate to sound dull but what is the Atkins Way exactly?? :)))
  • ladybb7
    ladybb7 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    After loosing 13 pounds counting calories, I need a push to get me to my goal weight.... I'm following phase 1 of the south beach diet. My current weight is 170. I would like to loose 10 pounds in 6 weeks :) good luck all :)
  • Metallica89
    Options
    i have been doing that for a week but count me in
  • SherryLohr
    Options
    I'm in! Starting at 197lbs
  • LReneeWalker
    LReneeWalker Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Since most low carb plans count, count me in. Going to start 17 day diet (again lol) this coming weekend!
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    :smile: Count me in. My starting weight is 142.
  • Firesign
    Firesign Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Add as a Group..Under Groups okay. So it'll be easy to find. :happy:
  • Resalyn
    Options
    Hi, hate to sound dull but what is the Atkins Way exactly?? :)))

Following the Atkins low carb plan....
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I won't be on much today for my big computer is acting up

Marie

:drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • damuchi429
    damuchi429 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hey count me in I am 256 and 5'8 will be 44 on April 29.
  • jcpmoore
    jcpmoore Posts: 796 Member
    Options
    Count me in, too! I've been on a modified South Beach phase 1 (I still eat fruit) for 1 week now, though veered off the path last night. I could use some serious accountability partners! Thanks!

Starting weight is 204. Goal weight in six weeks- 190. Woohoo! I'd like to do at least 1 more week of SB phase 1, and then very, very slowly move into adding back whole grains only. This'll be great!

Thanks for starting Hammbone!
  • th1nkth1nmama
    Options
    I'm tryin to do a lower carb but not following atkins... count me in though... I was 218 yesterday... hope to be in Onderland for my big 30 b-day on June 7th...
  • kmanning1
    Options
    I have been looking at that diet. It would be great to have a partner to go with. Getting married May 14th. According to Atkins I need to begin with phase 2. Will you be starting phase 1? Im at 151lbs and want to get to 130 lbs. Began exercising at Lifetime fitness around a week ago 50 min at a time shooting for 6 days a week...here we go :)